WARNING: wisedriving igo4 - wise driving review igo4 review insurance

Hi guys,

So you guys don't get cheated like i did i have decided to open this thread.

You sign an agreement with this company when opening a policy which leaves you open to several charges, there is NOTHING you can do about it, so please be wary if you are willing to take insurance out with these muppets.

As of now i have had my insurance cancelled twice and total charges of

£475 pounds in fees due to there lack of communication and deliberate use of wrong communication methods.

They use the wrong e-mail address on there website!

This e-mail is DEAD, meaning it doesn't work. So when you e-mail your documents at the start of the policy they don't receive them. They automatically cancel your policy giving you a £120 cancellation charge.

If your lucky and forward to the correct e-mail (write this down if your considering taking insurance out with them) they reinstate your policy but you have to pay the £120 charge.

I had switched my direct debit over to a different bank account for my insurance company, with written confirmation from there credit provider :rotfl:but obviously this is not enough for them, they don't have the telephones or e-mail to even contact the credit provider.

The direct debit was never agreed with the insurance company (surprise surprise, anything to get more fees out of you!), which meant an automatic cancellation AGAIN incurring a £120 cancellation fee.

Because payment was missed, you will incur a £25 direct debit cancellation fee and £210 late payment fee of your insurance.

Letters are sent 2nd class and not over e-mail like on the website, so if driving round without insurance is your kind of style, I'd defiantly use them.

As you won't actually know if your insurance is canceled until 5 days late!

In total in 6 months i have incurred: £475 of fees :rotfl::T

Wise driving, yeah sure if you love charges.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If the charge is £120 how have you managed to get £475 in fees?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• If the charge is £120 how have you managed to get £475 in fees?

Because they say they've been hit multiple times (1) for late provision of documents and (2) for changing DD instruction and (3) for late payment as the DD instructions were changed late

Of cause the numbers all look funny as they said they'd had their policy cancelled twice but only charged to reinstate it once. Also if you add up all the numbers quoted it comes up to £595
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Send them a polite and concise "Letter of Complaint" which they are duty bound to investigate properly. If this does not work in refunding the fees refer the matter to the Ombudsman
  • I just like to say I'm disgusted with this company I never received terms and conditions at the star and normally u have to sign them and send back as well I've incurred nearly 500 in charges 300 from them and the rest in calls and back charges they should inform people if premiums change if they don't they can't put 20 on top as administrator charge we got sent the letters saying the insurance would be cancelled at an extra cost of 120 which on their team n cs when downloaded this fee only applies if u have a box installed which 2 months later after changing the vehicle on the policy they still haven't fitted and It should be 75 pound I'm changing them their fee of 45 for non installation their iron the n cs don't state legally what they should the layout it like a glammed up pamphlet were so disappointed with this company obviously wasn't told about a charge of 5 each time a non direct debit payment is made which isn't in their the n cs either it's worked out tat for a 1,200 annual insurance it's now over 2, 000 and this only with having one lots of driving box info added on after 6 months this company I defiantly won't be going with again and if anyone was to ask I'd say just gone on their website and looks at the amount of complaints over the last year .
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    vkellen wrote: »
    I just like to say I'm disgusted with this company I never received terms and conditions at the star and normally u have to sign them and send back as well I've incurred nearly 500 in charges 300 from them and the rest in calls and back charges they should inform people if premiums change if they don't they can't put 20 on top as administrator charge we got sent the letters saying the insurance would be cancelled at an extra cost of 120 which on their team n cs when downloaded this fee only applies if u have a box installed which 2 months later after changing the vehicle on the policy they still haven't fitted and It should be 75 pound I'm changing them their fee of 45 for non installation their iron the n cs don't state legally what they should the layout it like a glammed up pamphlet were so disappointed with this company obviously wasn't told about a charge of 5 each time a non direct debit payment is made which isn't in their the n cs either it's worked out tat for a 1,200 annual insurance it's now over 2, 000 and this only with having one lots of driving box info added on after 6 months this company I defiantly won't be going with again and if anyone was to ask I'd say just gone on their website and looks at the amount of complaints over the last year .

Punctuation is your friend. Your post might make sense then.
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • church45
    church45 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My grandson had insurance with wise driving with black box fitted his insurance was £2966.32 through this exorbitant insurer he paid up front deposit of £652.59 with instalments of £268.42 then this insurer had the audacity to use a credit card company who charged him £370.17 transaction fee on £2313.73 with total amount being £4523.51.
    Then through the 12 months they charged him over £700 extra for him being out after curfew he works a 5 day week not getting into 7pm these insurers especially Wise Driving are nothing short of crooks in suits and someone should bring them to task.
    IT,s NOTHING BUT a DISGRACE.
  • church45
    Following my earlier message forgot to mention amount charged by wise driving was for third party fire theft, the theft was what wise driving charged overall to my grandson
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    church45 wrote: »
    My grandson had insurance with wise driving with black box fitted his insurance was £2966.32 through this exorbitant insurer he paid up front deposit of £652.59 with instalments of £268.42 then this insurer had the audacity to use a credit card company who charged him £370.17 transaction fee on £2313.73 with total amount being £4523.51.
    Then through the 12 months they charged him over £700 extra for him being out after curfew he works a 5 day week not getting into 7pm these insurers especially Wise Driving are nothing short of crooks in suits and someone should bring them to task.
    IT,s NOTHING BUT a DISGRACE.

Are you sure that you've got all of that right? The numbers don't add up, if he was paying by instalments then it would have either been £652.59 deposit plus 10 x £268.42 = £3,336.79 or 11 x £268.42 = £3,605.21. So where does the £4,523.51 come from?

Also, there isn't a curfew on that product?
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • 0148tman
    0148tman Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi guys ,
    my sympathy on your problems. I have had similar problems with other insurance companies. Just recently I set up a car insurance with autonet insurance, basically I did a go compare of something similar putting in my convictions ( 3x speeding) they asked for a copy of my driving license and v5 so I sent them it they said they had not received them and they were going to cancel, I sent again and again they said they needed them and were going to cancel. I knew what was coming as similar had happened to me before with another insurance company ( cancellation with massive charges ) so I complained to their complaints department. Which did not work fully as they said they had not received any of my convictions on the application (which I have no way of proving that I informed them ) so they canceled. The insurance cost £260 for the year paid up front but was only insured for 1 month and they returned £90 but were going to return £3 till I complained.
    I tried to complain to the FCA but they say cancellations are not under regulation ( so I am screwed and so is everyone else
    ).
    Basically always read the T&C's but this wont help you as they all say they can charge you £40 here and £40 there and a monthly amount and then the big one a indeterminate sum depending on blar blar blar.
    So pahaps we should all head back to the old over the counter broker with all your documents ready and don't ever cancel insurance midyear.
  • church45
    I would suggest "Rudekid45" acquire the full facts regarding my message about wise driving and the cost they charged my grandsons for Third Party Fire Theft before stating something that cant be substantiated by him I was hoping to enclose part of the document relevant he received from them but did not understand how to enclose it with my message, plus on top of that amount I had to pay roughly £700 thereabout for fines he was supposed to have built up according to his insurers.
    The APR charged under the agreement was 39.2%APR variable stating that under the agreement it would be £4,523.51 (including any deposit and any feed and charges)
    This I have taken off document.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport