IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Small Claims Court Letter - N.Ireland.

Options

Comments

• MercurialNo.10
    Options
    It's on like Donkey Kong.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It is rare that we suggest you look at things privately. It removes a LOT of the review that takes place
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Most people here won't accept PMs.

There are only a handful of legally trained/legal professionals that post on the parking forum, and they may have no knowledge of the NI legal system.

It really is better for you to post redacted info here and get input from as many posters as possible rather than only get the opinion of one or if you are lucky, two people.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    It really is better for you to post redacted info here

Agreed. What you'll be posting won't be anything new (apart from personal details, like your name, VRM, dates and places of the alleged "offences" - all of which you can redact without losing the meaning of what is posted).

People can then review and comment - e.g. on typos, things which may be irrelevant, things which you may have missed that might be relevant, etc.
  • MercurialNo.10
    Options
    It's about Witness Statements and it'd be a dead give away about the situation. I do feel like I am in a very strong position following looking at their 'evidence'.
  • MercurialNo.10
    Options
    The particular paragraph I have issues with is from other people who have witnessed various vehicles (including the vehicle I am the RK of) being allowed to park as a matter of routine by different drivers over a period of years.

One of these vehicles is actually visible on Google maps!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It's about Witness Statements and it'd be a dead give away about the situation. I do feel like I am in a very strong position following looking at their 'evidence'.

They'll be seeing your WS soon enough surely? You can't keep evidence hidden hoping for an ambush in court (well, certainly not in E/W).

If it puts you in such a strong position, it may be that them having an earlier viewing, they might decide to discontinue? That must be the best outcome for you?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • MercurialNo.10
    Options
    Bundle's in, the Court staff seemed quite happy about me disputing...I was even asked if I was in the legal system, so it must seen like I know my proverbial onions!

Now we wait.
  • MercurialNo.10
    Options
    If they're trying it on by submitting late appendix evidence for their claim by post in response to my bundle, what are my rights?

Still nothing showing any driver.

Should I remain quiet in court?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 October 2018 at 11:16PM
    Options
    If they're trying it on by submitting late appendix evidence for their claim by post in response to my bundle, what are my rights?
    In NI, I am afraid I don't know if this is allowed but you could raise it with the Judge.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure