MSE discount with Vodafone not accepted

Options
_rik_
_rik_ Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 5 August 2019 at 12:48PM in Broadband & internet access
Hello!
I've tried to place an order with Vodafone Superfast 2 (22.99), and when I'm redirected on Vodafone website I can see the discount. However, no matter what I try, at the end of the order I always receive the message:
We’ve had some difficulties processing your order.Please call us for free from any UK landline or mobile on 08080 408 408 to complete your purchase.

I've been in chat with Vodafone from 9:30 to 12, trying any browser on planet (I'm a web developer so no problem), and even changing operating system. Tried also via tablet. Checked all the details dozen of times especially the Direct Debit details.

In the end the operator told me must be a problem with the third party cookie. So I tried uSwitch. Same problem.

The operator asked me to try without third party cookies, telling that however I won't get any discount! :T

Both me and the operator gave up, and I'm now in the process to find another deal. The operator asked me to join anyway because VF is great... but I replyed that it doesn't sound so: If I can't even place an order and they are unable to fix it, I can't imagine how they manage to solve serious problems.:D

Anyone experiencing the same problem? Maybe it's only a way to advertise themselves in 1st position on comparison websites, but they actually never accepts the discount price? Or maybe they have terminated the discount ahead of time without telling the comparison websites? :cool:

Comments

• _rik_
    Options
    PS: any TalkTalk discount/voucher in the short time? Unfortunately I couldn't take the last voucher (ended 1st August) because I was still under contract with Plusnet.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    <PS: any TalkTalk discount/voucher in the short time??

A bit pointless if you believe what you posted .

<but they actually never accepts the discount price?>
  • _rik_
    _rik_ Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    A bit pointless if you believe what you posted .
    Have you really read my post? It's not my belief, it's the belief of Vodafone.

<but they actually never accepts the discount price?>
    There is no need to repeat my question...
  • jay213
    jay213 Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So the Voadfone discount don't work anymore? that's a shame I was thinking of moving to them for that deal.
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jay213 wrote: »
    So the Voadfone discount don't work anymore? that's a shame I was thinking of moving to them for that deal.

I ordered Superfast 1 for my parents this afternoon, 19.99 with MSE discount. The order went through fine.
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • cold_snap
    Options
    I too “ eventually “ ordered superfast 1 via MSE on 10 Aug . four days form my switchover date (scheduled for 21 Aug from sky ) I hadn’t received any info re router delivery so I called their “cust service” only to be told that my contract had been cancelled, imagine my surprise as no one had bothered to contact me regarding this, I asked why had it been cancelled and who cancelled it and when was it cancelled. I was told it was not possible to say who cancelled it, it was apparently cancelled just one day after I was given an order number and welcome email from Vodafone ( 11 Aug ). I was then told that the contract was cancelled by the 3rd party site I applied via ie MSE which is clearly ridiculous and I said so, they then went on to denigrate MSE saying they were receiving lots of complaints about them and strongly suggesting that this was my fault for using MSE. I pointed out that Vodafone was an active participant in this and indeed paid MSE for new customers. Got nowhere so found Vodafone webchat and started again after at least 2 hours I got it in writing ( via email d/l of webchat that they would honor my original order. Today received email from Vodafone giving me details of my new contract start date (sept 3 ) …

Not superfast1 ( unlimited fibre28 )
    Not £19.95 ( £23 ) and

Not min d/l speed of 25 megs .. (just 18.5 megs) !!!

Seems to me this company Vodafone is attempting to get new customers from 3rd parties and looking for ways to
    a.

A. Not pay the 3rd party and
    . RRip off the new customer
    bAAnyone else seeing this ..cant imagine its only me here .
  • cold_snap
    Options
    A. Not pay the 3rd party and
    B. Rip off the new customer

Anyone else seeing this ..cant imagine its only me here
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 382 Forumite
    Options
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6019323

Yep, basically what happened to me. Mystifying references to third parties too.
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just placed an order for Vodafone Superfast 2 this afternoon through MSE Broadband Choices. I've been holding out as I'm in contract with Plusnet until 21 September but the deal was due to end today.

The deal is for Superfast 2 for £23 for 18m. A £100 gift card from a choice of retailers and an Amazon Echo Plus worth ~ £130.

I got an email to register for the gift card immediately, but noted that Vodafone are now offering the much lower valued Echo Dot, however the MSE BBC site still shows the Echo Plus in the offer. I have emailed them but after reading the comments here, I think I'll be lucky if a. my order is accepted, b. I get the gift card and c. I get any form of Amazon Echo device.
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 382 Forumite
    Options
    Yes it looks like they are now giving an amazon dot. The other comparison sites list a dot and £100 so I think mse is just out of date.

Take lots of screenshots and print your order confirmation page to pdf if possible.

These offers for vodafone come around every month like clockwork so I would hope some people must actually get them? Perhaps they just have bad patches and you will get though? I would check in a couple of days if you are actually getting the order mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure