* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome back MRSG :hello:
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    GTQ argh what an awkward situation for your mum!

CHRISSYG wow I bet you weren’t expecting that!

nic glad you’re unblocked, perhaps it was a mistake somewhere…

msgigglewick good to ‘see’ you again! Sorry to hear you had a rubbish year, here’s hoping 2019 is a much better year for you.

Well all of our decs are finally down, it seems so bare! But i'm going to plough on now with my decluttering! My aim is to get my house to a stage where I don't feel the need to tidy up whenever someone is coming round as it will already be tidy! :p
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    GTQ argh what an awkward situation for your mum!

I know, but from our point of view, although he is a proverbial pain in the rear, it is re-assuring for us that he does go in, he is her nearest neighbour, about 1/4 mile away, so it is nice to have a closer eye on her. I know he doesn't go in specially, as he has cattle beside our house, just nips in on his way back.

Christmas wise I have bought cards and a Christmas mug (reduced to £1.80 in Sainsbugs!) and a couple of large Yankee candles which were on special on Amazon the other day £22 for the 2, so need to start my box & list now!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    GTQ ah I see, that is reassuring for you.

I'm already making something for Christmas - I didn't get to finish the cross stitch picture I was making for my auntie last year so i'm carrying it on into this year and will give it for Christmas this year. I would give it for her birthday but it's a Christmas themed picture!

Squeak came out in chicken pox last night so we're bracing ourselves now. The only problem with him getting it is we read the other day that as he is under 2 he may not build immunity to it. :(
  • msgigglewick
    Options
    Ty for the welcome back :D

I picked up some lego sets that had over 50% off in tescos this morning. also noticed but didn't pick up the lol dolls were reduced and the poopsie slime unicorn was half price too. Worth having a wonder around.... oh and also grabbed some more clothing knocked down to £1. Nearly filled a shelf up in the pressie cupboard already oops lol

Not heard that about chicken pox before princesskitty29, my older two had them when i was pregnant with my dd3.. i was told she may never have them as she would have gained immunity from being around it still (i thought that was a load of piffle just to put my worried mind at rest lol) shes 16 now and never had them even though her younger sister had them really bad 4 years ago. Try not to worry x
    Totally debt free wohooo 2014
    Christmas 2014
    Presents bought **** rrp **** Saved ****
    *SAVE*SAVE*SAVE*
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options

Not heard that about chicken pox before princesskitty29, my older two had them when i was pregnant with my dd3.. i was told she may never have them as she would have gained immunity from being around it still (i thought that was a load of piffle just to put my worried mind at rest lol) shes 16 now and never had them even though her younger sister had them really bad 4 years ago. Try not to worry x

When you read something and do a double take, I read that as pregnant chicken pox and was wondering what the hell........:rotfl:

Exciting news! Was sorting paperwork about 6 mths ago for shredding and found an old credit card statement. Was surprised it was there as I routinely shred. Anyway, had a look and it had PPI, again this surprised me as I always make a point of not signing up for anything like that. Nothing to lose by sending a letter. They acknowledged receipt and didn't hear a thing so was entitled to contact Ombudsman, who were very efficient. CC had confirmed to Ombudsman that it was missold so I would be re-imbursed. In my dreams, I thought I would be very lucky if I got about £1,500 including interest (which does add up if over a a long period, even after HMRC get their share). Got a cheque the other day and had to sit down in shock, over £4,500:j All for writing a letter, was so excited. I am off on a Nile cruise in a few weeks and had paid a very painful £190 for 1 night in a hotel at Cairo airport as our return flight from the cruise misses the last flight to London, thanks Martin, if he had not flagged up the PPI scandal all those years ago, that £190 would still be painful, now it is compliments of PPI!
  • fizz1987
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone xx
    Well I've made a start on Christmas 2019...
    got all Christmas wrap .. cards.. bows cello-tape etc..
    Christmas onsies and pj's for grandchildren..
    slippers for grandchildren and 2 sons and a daughter..
    gift sets..
    also managed to pick up bits that i can use for birthdays etc..
    wrapping paper was reduced to 20p a roll instead of £1.99 so got loads Christmas cards was reduced to half price and some for 75% off real bargain.. only need 1 card for hubby which no one seemed to have..
    But i cant complain...
    started adding money to my Asda gift card towards next Christmas shopping ...
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    That’s great news GTQ, what a lovely surprise.

FIZZ you’ve made an amazing start, I’m awe struck.

Nothing Christmas related going on here but I am selling off lots of my miniatures because I’m definitely feeling the need to declutter. Must be because spring is coming.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    I nipped into Clintons last night to pick up some birthday cards and their Christmas gift bags are either 99p (including a multi pack) or half price, so picked some of those up also. May go in again this evening and get some more. Also got handwarmers in Superdrug for £1.50, will be fine as stocking filler type things. Had loads of them, so either had overstocked or they were not popular.
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Gettingtherequickly - great result with the ppi. Always worth the cost of a stamp for anyone who thinks they had it mis sold. No idea why so many people are happy to use companies that take a big cut.

Not much happening here on the Christmas front. Trying to not spend so much money :rotfl:

Have signed up for the local shopping centre gift club though. Can just pay in when I want and then request a gift card for the centre when I want the cash back. This is in addition to the savings I put away each month for Christmas . Will probably top it up using the bits of interest I get off my bank accounts/savings or if ERNIE ever picks my premium bonds
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport