Repair service not returning tablet.

Options

Comments

• Keverso
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Have they fixed the tablet?
    Have you paid for this work?

If the answers are Yes and No then they're legally allowed to hold on to the device as a lien until the bill is paid.

I paid the agreed price in advance and have not asked them or e-bay for a refund as I am happy to pay that price for the repair.

The informed me the rapair has been done.

Just waiting for the tablet to be returned.
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Contact ebay to report the seller? I would try their resolution system first.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • Keverso
    Keverso Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    RumRat wrote: »
    Contact ebay to report the seller? I would try their resolution system first.

Ebay say they can get the cost of the repair back. However I have asked them not to do that because as far as I am concerned the tablet has been repaired and the fee should still be paid.

They did suggest I contact pay pal as they may be able to do more because the seller should have a merchant account. I am going to do that tomorrow. From earlier comments it does seem like I will get no joy from the police but if I can at least get a case number I can give that the PayPal to hopefully show I am not just making this up.

Then it does very much look like LBA and (assuming they continue to ignore) file in small claims.
  • RumRat
    Options
    I would put it into the PayPal resolution process ASAP, you don't need anything from the Police. If you paid for something via them, that's what it's there for.
    You are saying that the repair has been done, but, other than the word of the seller, you have no proof of this. So, you have paid for something that hasn't been supplied.....
    The Police, won't give a toss and will be of no help whatsoever.

Good luck...
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • Keverso
    Options
    I would put it into the PayPal resolution process ASAP, you don't need anything from the Police. If you paid for something via them, that's what it's there for.
    Good luck...

Yeha - paypal ... but I don't wat the repair fee back because that gives them grounds to say they only need to refund the cost of a broken tablet. My argument will be they said it was repaired therefore I want the cost of a working tablet.

I'll make some calls tomorrow and we will see what we see.
  • Keverso
    Options
    And ... it turned up. Beat to crap - cracked screen and still not working. It was shipped in a box with no room for proper protection (one skimpy bit of bubble wrap and nothing on the corners)

I had taken multiple pictures as I was packing so can show it was in good condition. Also there was no mention in his messages about "sure you want me to fix a tablet with a busted screen" so it will be difficult for him to claim it was like that when he got it.

I am now afraid it will come down to "he sad she said" but I am hopeful that his very unprofessional attitude so far will sway a judge in my direction.

I have sent them a message advising the state it was received in and asking their intentions. I suspect they will just ignore me but we shall see.
  • RumRat
    Options
    ....and paypal say what?
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ....and paypal say what?

this...... you can phone them and back up with e-mail with photos.
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Keverso
    Options
    GunJack wrote: »
    this...... you can phone them and back up with e-mail with photos.
    yeha... tomorrow morning ...
  • Keverso
    Options
    Paypal like e-bay cannot offer antything other than refund of the repair cost.

Looks very much like it's going to court. I am now very glad I took high res photos while packing. They all show it in perfect condition along with a very clear one showing the serial number. This obviously mathces the serial number of the damaged tablet so hopefully if they do push me that far a judge will be able to see this is not some sort of a scam (I have even offerd to send the tabet back to them for parts). If it is a scam it is a very poor one on my part.

Ah well. I will send LBA when I get home tonight.

Thanks to evereyone who has responded so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure