Jet2 Flight Changed

Options
I booked a package holiday with jet2 and due to travelling with a baby, I paid £140 extra to swap a 5pm flight for a flight at 10am.

I have received an email to tell me that the 10am flight is no longer running and I have been move to the 5pm flight ! The flight that I paid £140 to get off...

I called jet2 as they do have an 8am flight which is 2 hours earlier, but instead they have put me on one 7 hours later. Now, this is annoying enough, but Jet2 have told me that they can’t give me anything as it was a package holiday and the flight change is within the permitted 12 hour allowed change and they don’t care that I paid to get off this flight

To move to the 8am flight they want another £140 from me !!! How can this be right.

Any advice ??

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately, same advice as the post about TUI earlier today. If you’ve booked a package holiday then they are operating within their T&Cs and the Package Travel Regulations.

Best you can hope for is trying again with them, maybe raise a complaint or complain on social media to try and get a goodwill gesture or your £140 back.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,487 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Write in to them complaining and politely explain the situation. Request a move to the earlier flight without charge. I'm assuming they haven't offered to return the £140 extra you paid to travel early.
    I've had positive experience with their customer service department. I wrote to them complimenting them on the overall experience but complaining about the return flight which was with a 3rd party airline operating on their behalf. I didn't expect any response, but actually received an e-mail saying that I would get reserved seats free on my next trip.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have you tried to speak to them to ask if you can be put on the 8am flight?
    There is a chance it is full and that is why they put you on the later flight perhaps?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Have you tried to speak to them to ask if you can be put on the 8am flight?
    There is a chance it is full and that is why they put you on the later flight perhaps?

Did you read the post.

Op says they called jet2 and they want another £140 to be put on the 8am flight,
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    try asking on twitter.
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    So did they have a 8am , a 10am and a 5pm flight or has the 10am been changed to 8am.?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure