Have you put the heating on yet?

Options

Comments

• nickynoo08
    nickynoo08 Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've decided to keep our ch off as long as possible. We've put warmer bedding on and have plenty of fleece blankets and warm tops to keep us going for now. Last year we managed till mid nov before we had to give in and put it on and that was mainly due to little one being poorly.
    £387.39/£196.46
    Pay my debt by End of Feb 2022
    49.28% paid!

£199.55/£500 savings by End of April 2022
    39.91% saved!

Make £2022 in 2022 - £20
  • SarahNeedle1872
    Options
    We have Econ 7 so have silly storage heaters downstairs, and elec heaters upstairs..... the only one that will go on if needed is the one in DSs room as thats the coldest..... the rest will stay off as long as possible!

We're still at the stage where the door stays open til we go to bed as generally the house stays warm during the day - thanks to the neighbours (mid terrace house :D )
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • BlueFleur
    Options
    We're moving house mid November, and we're not going to put the CH on in this house. That's the aim anyway :rolleyes:
  • gillypen
    gillypen Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    we have those silly stoarge heaters which are useless so we havent put them on in about 8 years
    2.00 saving club £408 pound so far £250 cashed
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2 "The Return" #379
    saving for a house 0.2%
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    yes, but only at night, gets switched on at 10pm and turned off about 6am - its been freezing here during the night to the point its woken me up even been sleeping with 2 duvets
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Options
    I've had mine on for a hour in the morns and again in the eves just to take the chill off the house
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • tallyhoh
    tallyhoh Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I put the gas fire on for an hour on Sunday, not the central heating--does that count?

OH just suggested we put it on & I refused, must be deperate, I'm usually the cold one.
    Tallyhoh! Stopped Smoking October 2000. Saved £29382.50 so far!
  • Hopeful1
    Hopeful1 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    I've relented this week and had it on for an hour in the morning and 2 hours late afternoon / early evening.

I wouldn't normally have it on until October but it feels like winter already :sad:
    One step at a time ;)
  • lilly81
    lilly81 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I havent put mine on yet, im in a middle flat so am hoping my neighbours put their's on soon
    Debt free date 23rd march 2009 🥳Autism is my super power 🏳️🌈 🌈✨
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    I am really gratful for the hot flushes now. lol Doesn't help my cold feet but I haven't got any slippers.
    Not really that cold here in the midlands yet anyway
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport