Wishing on an ickle star

Options

Comments

• fothers365
    fothers365 Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    :beer::j Well done on getting down into the 60's!
    Jan 2013-£140,231.65
    Jan 2014-£120,081.94
  • icklehelen
    icklehelen Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 6 April 2013 at 9:43PM
    Options
    Thanks!!

I am also pleased to report that I refrained from playing with the spreadsheets last night and caught up on some programmes recorded in the week. Loved Prisoners Wives - although was originally watching to see the bit recorded by where I work!:D

Sold a few eb@y items so far this weekend - one is picking up tomorrow and another has already paid! Fingers crossed for the rest going tomorrow and Monday!

Hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful spring weather (finally)? I've got a washing line full of nappies and little clothes for the first time this year!!!

ickle
    Total OPs 2012 - 2019 £39744.75
    Target 2020 £18500/£18500
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Options
    No spending being done in this household for a few days - an evil stomach bug is doing the rounds!!! :( So far me and DH affected and praying that DD doesn't get it!

Ebay sales were pretty good this week - after fees and postage looks like a profit of around £80. :)

Planning on spending this afternoon recovering but while DD is napping I think some catching up on money making sites is required!
    • CP
    • Sw@gbucks
    • Toloona
    • Rewarded Ops
    • Valued Ops
    • Op World (nearly at payout)
    • My Voice (nearly at payout)
    • M@ximiles
    • Ipsos
    • YouGov

Was really good at keeping up with all of these (and more) while I was on Mat Leave but haven't got the time now so going to thin them out to those I find most productive! Anyone got any advice on which they find the best?

Also the New Vista survey through TCB - is it worth the 70p a go? I seem to get screened out more often than not!!

Time to get some lunch for DD and check on DH

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Options
    Well this is turning out to be a very cheap week!! Luckily DD has not been struck down and DH was only off his feet for half a day! Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky - and had a relapse last night! :( I haven't been this ill since I was suffering with hyperemesis gravidarum with DD!

Did manage to take DD to the park yesterday afternoon (when I thought I was on the mend) so don't feel like I've totally abandoned her!

Got to send DH to @ldi tomorrow as I haven't been able to go - this can go one of two ways based on past experience
    - really expensive as he buys everything he likes the look of
    OR
    - stupidly cheap because he's stuck to the list but only bought enough for a family of shrews! :rotfl:

He also needs to take the library books back as I can only renew them twice on the net - and I don't want a fine!!

Good news - my automatic £250 OP has landed taking this years OP total to £1411.75 and another month off!

I transferred to the S@ntander 123 current account earlier this year. I went through TCB who have finally started dealing with my claim - it tracked as £0 rather than £55!!
    I have put most of our money pots into this account to maximise the 3% interest rate and have set up a rather detailed spreadsheet to separate these pots. Any extra pennies are pushed into a column titled 'to OP' and already has a very healthy balance but I can't decide whether to keep it in there or actually OP it!! :cool:

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Options
    Right DH has gone out to do some jobs - I believe this is the first time I have been home alone (and well) since mid January!!! :eek:

So jobs for today
    • spend some quality time with DD
    • washing
    • general tidy
    • list some items on eB@y
    • get ready for work tomorrow

I did the weekly money jiggle yesterday and updated my spreadsheets. Not much to report on that as I am waiting for payday!!

DH is popping into @ldi on his way home to get some more bits and pieces to enable us to eat this week - his shop wasn't too bad but he spent about £15 less than I normally do and that also included a hosepipe attachment we needed!!

Got my free tomato seeds from Heinz yesterday so need to pop up to my dads this week to make use of his greenhouse!

While I was in my sick bed I got my E45 lotion Bzzkit which is fab - two full size bottles and lots of sachets to give to family and friends!

Off to start with those jobs! Happy Sunday!!!

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Options
    Just had some fab news from DH (who forgot to tell me earlier!) :j His TCB claim has been approved and £60 is now on its way! This means my referral fee of £10 has appeared in my account too!!! I know its not much moneywise but we've been chasing this claim since he got his mobile phone in MAY last year!!

Loving the weather here - 2 loads of washing have been out and dried in next to no time!

List is getting done - time to add some eB@y items - a job that I'm not keen on but now with the PO changing their charges I really don't want to do it!! I've spent time reading their booklet and I think it boils down to anything bigger than a large letter needs to go by courier!!

I will pop in later to fess up how many items I've managed to list!! :A

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    icklehelen wrote: »
    I haven't been this ill since I was suffering with hyperemesis gravidarum with DD!
    _pale_ eeeeewwwwww _pale_, I had that. Thanks for the memory :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • icklehelen
    Options
    You're very welcome GG!! :rotfl:

Well I need to fess up . . . . 0 items listed :o DDs nap this afternoon was less than an hour!! Grrr but there'll be another FLW just round the corner I'm sure!! (Note to self - when DD is teething don't spend nap time on here)

Everything else on my list done tho :D

No planned spends this week other than weekly shop and it's payday on Thursday :j

Night night

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Options
    This week has flown by!!! Can't believe it's the weekend again!!

Entered lots of competitions through Real Nappy Week including the main Clothopoly puzzle. :j It's taken several hours but I've done it all (even DH got involved with this one). Seen lots of nice fluffy products that I want for DD but have been very restrained - we're using cloth to save money not spend a fortune!! I do have a few items sat in a basket on one site but am going to sleep on it and decide if I really NEED them (they are on offer and a further 25% off til Sunday). :D

It was payday yesterday so shuffled the money around into the right pots. It's been another week of no spends, other than weekly food shop, so the pots are looking rather healthy (for now....).

We're out at a quiz night tomorrow so a friend is babysitting. Bought her a pizza for her tea and she gets cuddles from DD as payment! The quiz costs £5 each but that includes pie and peas (which is always fab!) and its BYOB so all in all a cheap night out! :beer:

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Options
    Quick update to keep me on track!

Night out cost £12 (£10 for tickets and food and £2 for raffle) Our team came third in the quiz! :D Was a really good night and didn't break the bank!!

I have bought the fluffy items I was debating over. :o All are or will be needed and the deal was too good to miss! It also means I can throw out some of the wipes I was given 2nd hand when DD was born which are holey!! There was another good deal on yesterday which now means I have washing products for the next 4 years!! :rotfl:

Watching the London Marathon is making me feel very unfit! Think I need to start walking again. I walked loads when DD was tiny and would sleep in the pram so might try it again and see if she'll have her afternoon nap while we're out!

There are lots of things DH is asking for - mainly food related! Once he is earning again I will be 'treating' us to a few of these things!

Right time to put the nappies on the line, get lunch and try and get some more things done in the garden!

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business