Wishing on an ickle star

Options

Comments

• icklehelen
    icklehelen Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Must confess . . . I've spent some money on something for me that I wanted (not needed!) :o Went to a candle selling party at a friends - I had planned to buy some tealights to go in my beautiful lantern I bought many years ago from the same company. But if you spent over £9.95 there were offers - I can't leave a bargain!! The offers will become presents for family and friends later in the year which is how I'm justifying the spend! :D

Been out this morning to find some summer shoes/sandals for DD. Had her measured in Cl@rks but they don't do shoes to fit her so trawled round several other shops but very few do such small shoe sizes for walkers!! Did find some on offer (BOGOHP) in Parentcare and have a gift card which would pay most of this but they were still a bit big!

Having a teeny tot who doesn't grow very quickly has been very money saving - we joke that she's already a mini MSE - but it can be rather irritating too!

The trip out was not a total waste - we did get stocked up on shower gel/face wash etc and food for the moggies (they're very picky and will only eat one brand which I can only find in one shop!)
    We also had two coffees and a flapjack in M&S for 70p (thanks to some vouchers my Dad gave me!) which was lovely!

Got to go and make use of the FLW - the only part of the eb@y experience I like is withdrawing the £££ from PP especially now that both of our 'local' POs have closed :( Going to look into some of the other delivery companies. Does anybody have any experience of them?

ickle
    Total OPs 2012 - 2019 £39744.75
    Target 2020 £18500/£18500
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Options
    Hi fothers

Have you been on the imeasure site? - it helps you keep track of meter readings and it does allsorts including showing your usage against the outside temperature!

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • fothers365
    fothers365 Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I started entering values into the imeasure site about 6 weeks ago but haven't properly explored it yet so haven't found the bit linking it to outdoor temperature.
    Jan 2013-£140,231.65
    Jan 2014-£120,081.94
  • icklehelen
    Options
    Well its been an interesting but productive day here!

Lazy Sunday morning with croissants (reduced) for breakfast followed by catching up with family and getting free lunch at theirs!

DDs naptime was used productively to do the dreaded eb@y upload. 18 items added in total - not as many as planned but we are ready for the next FLW as all items have pics and most have a description too!

Family round for Sunday dinner - did 2 chickens (2 pack bargain from @ldi) with ALL the trimmings. Wine and pud (Eton Mess) was provided by the guests :D

Chickens have been stripped of all meat, which will be tomorrows tea (and more) with the leftover gravy and the potato/veg/stuffing will become DHs awesome bubble and squeak! Carcasses are ready to go in the pot to make stock/soup.

Have just spotted one of the cats sneaking in with his catch for the night :eek: - time to go and make sure he takes it back outside!!

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Options
    Well I'm starting to think that my unwanted items are utter carp!!! 18 items of which 5 have just one watcher each!!

Not only is this not helping us make extra pennies, it makes it feel like a waste of my time getting them on there and I want/need the excitement of them selling to make it worthwhile!!!

Fingers crossed by Sunday there'll be some more action!

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    icklehelen wrote: »
    Well I'm starting to think that my unwanted items are utter carp!!! 18 items of which 5 have just one watcher each!!

Not only is this not helping us make extra pennies, it makes it feel like a waste of my time getting them on there and I want/need the excitement of them selling to make it worthwhile!!!

Fingers crossed by Sunday there'll be some more action!

ickle
    Harumph - at least you've not had a £14.99 bid cancelled like I've just had :rotfl:. Here's hoping for a better weekend :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Harumph - at least you've not had a £14.99 bid cancelled like I've just had :rotfl:. Here's hoping for a better weekend :D.

I didn't realise that could be done :T
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I didn't realise that could be done :T
    Don't know what's so flaming good - it was someone cancelling a bid on MY item :rotfl:. Check out my diary - more stuff to sell :j.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Whoops, that was meant to be :eek:
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • icklehelen
    Options
    Gosh I do feel honoured to have such MFW royalty 'chatting' here!! salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thanks for the encouragement GG - have had a few cancel in the past (always with some ridiculous reason like we'd amended the description, when we hadn't!) Although I prefer that to non payers!!!

I've made a pact with myself to not look again til Saturday as we only have 4 watchers now :( If I manage to keep to this I'll be amazed!

It's a work colleagues surprise birthday night out on Saturday - I'm driving as a taxi would be :eek: so no :beer: Will have to park and walk a bit thanks to Sheff CC deciding to make you pay for parking til 8.30pm! We're all clubbing together for her present and as she is a good friend too I don't mind that this will actually be cash (prob one of very few non-Amazon presents bought with survey vouchers this year) :o

Time for bed as I'm a bit under the weather running-nose.gif

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts