New forever home, new focus!

Options

Comments

• Betterthanever
    Options
    And we are in! At last....we picked up the keys this afternoon which was so satisfying and a massive relief.

DH has loaded the van of the stuff we had in the rental and is on his way. The couple of bigger bits we had there will be done tomorrow and the bulk of our stuff which is in storage is being delivered on Thursday so by the weekend we will be on our way to being sorted.

We are the first of our new creche t to move in so over the next few days we should meet our neighbours. Exciting times!!

Now....the coffee machine was the first thing to be unpacked....so I know what I am doing next!!
  • FIREdoc
    FIREdoc Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fantastic news, happy new home! And enjoy the coffee!! :)
    Starting mortgage Summer 2018 - £213,500
    2018 [STRIKE] Dec £205,330 [/STRIKE]
    2019 [STRIKE]Jan £204 200 MAY £199,650 August £196 000[/STRIKE] December £193 500

[STRIKE]Goal for 2019 - £195,000.[/STRIKE] Goal for 2023 - £125000
    MFW2019 #89 £4303/£10,000
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Thank you....although already I am looking forward to a g&t more!!
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations! We’ve been in a month and it just feel amazing. Hope you have the same happy experience.
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 23 - 32.30%/24.54%
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
    MF Date: Oct 37 May 37
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Congratulations :T :T
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Thank guys. Twinklie, I hope you are settling in nicely.

DH is loading the van of the bits we took to the rental. I'm at work although hoping for a slightly earlier finish than normal so I can't be much help until then....probably for the best as it means I won't get in the way!!

We're getting there! And we are loving it!!
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    John Lewis delivery arrived and looks amazing but the mattress we ordered elsewhere failed to turn up so another night sleeping on the floor was in order. We were so tired it didn't matter, but that's not the point.....I shall be phoning customer services today with my not-very-happy voice on.

The rest of our furniture is coming out of storage today so I am very much looking forward to that!

Money wise, it's all costing a fortune, but then moving house always costs more than you expect. We are just going to have to suck it up and deal with it in the new year. I have bought a new budget planner/spending diary thing so that will help, along with a family wall planner so that DH's Rota and DS's shifts can all go on there and I can meal plan accordingly -that is something that fell by the wayside while we were renting and I am looking forward to being back in control of the food and the associated budget again.

Happy days!!
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Surrounded by boxes.....why is it that we have bought a bigger house yet still I don't have enough space. Or perhaps I just have too much "stuff"! Seriously, 2 days ago I was marvelling at how many kitchen cupboards we have....now I am literally sat on the floor wondering where on earth it's all going to fit!

Money wise, we've been paid early so money is in the bank today. Whilst it's lovely to have the money there, it needs real focus to keep it there as it has, of course, got to last until the end of January. Sometimes I wonder if people who make these decisions actually live in the real world!!

Bills have started to roll in.....I need to get my new budget book updated.

And it's my office christmas party tonight....70 miles away.....like I really have time right now!! Ho hum, happy Friday!!
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I totally feel your pain on the boxes front. With DH revising for exams and then us both being ill, plus our eldest not coping with all the changes December brings it’s all taking a lot longer than expected.

I’m hoping you keep moaning for a while longer though, it makes me feel better and less rubbish at this moving lark.:rotfl:
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 23 - 32.30%/24.54%
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
    MF Date: Oct 37 May 37
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    I shall moan for as long as you need me to, twinklie!!

We're making a bit of progress....cupboards and shelving up in my office, more lampshades up, another curtain pole. Still some way to go.

I still have too much "stuff" but I've decided to aim towards a car boot or similar in the spring with the proceeds voing to the Anthony Nolan Trust, ehich is the charity I am running the London Marathon for in April. Hopefully it will give me the incentive to both declutter and feel good about it.

Money wise.....I've cashed in £5 from shoppix today which will go into the offset pot once it hits PayPal. A small step bit one in the right direction!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure