IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dishonest parking charge UPKC

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Use your phone, it might show where you were.

They really, really wont care about publicity threats.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    new1234 wrote: »

Should i mention in this letter that I will go to the papers if they don't stop threatening me( there was an article about them in April 2018 about the DVLA suspension and them faking parking charges etc)

If this goes to court and of course you will win, that is the time
    to go to the press. They love stories about the scammer UKPC
  • new1234
    new1234 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Just a quick question - are you saying I should wait for another letter from them and then send it? or should I send it to UKPC now? Debt recovery+ have my new address but UKPC havent... so just wondering if I should maybe send it now and put my new address on there?

Thanks
  • new1234
    Options
    Also just found a full timeline from both days when i was apparently parked at the shop and it shows i was there for a short period of time 2 consecutive days, it also shows all the other shops I've been to and my trip to the airport!!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 August 2018 at 11:10AM
    Options
    Loc123 is a practising solicitor, so I would heed what she is saying.

Any court proceedings will emanate from UKPC, not DRP, so they need to be made aware of any new address. But don't just put your new address at the top of your letter and hope they spot it, make it very clear somewhere in the body of the letter that there is a change of address and any future correspondence from UKPC or any of their agents must be sent to the new address.

Send your letter with a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office counter as with this, the letter is deemed by law to have been delivered by the second working day after posting.

Do not use (or pay for!) 'Signed For' (previously known as 'Recorded' or 'Registered') or 'Special Delivery' as some PPCs refuse to accept such, then they can prove the letter has not been received.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • new1234
    Options
    Thank you, and I am ok to put my full name on the letter as well? should I send it now or await further correspondence from them?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I am ok to put my full name on the letter as well?
    Why would you hide that? Have I missed something here?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • new1234
    Options
    No, I am just making sure I am doing everything by the book so they cant catch me out.

Thank you so much for your advice everyone :)
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    new1234 wrote: »
    Also just found a full timeline from both days when i was apparently parked at the shop and it shows i was there for a short period of time 2 consecutive days, it also shows all the other shops I've been to and my trip to the airport!!
    Speak with the Airport, they may have CCTV showing your vehicle.
  • new1234
    Options
    I have done already, just waiting for them to reply. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business