PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Bucketing down rain here- nothing worse in this life than a wet Sunday in Scotland.............

I can't vouch for the life in Scotland having never visited, but wet Sundays from my childhood were never made better by having dreary Charles Dickens programmes on TV. At least you've got t'internet now and probably more TV channels than you'll ever watch!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wondercollie ouch - I hope it heals soon.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Yep...I've had to have ingrown toenail sorted on both feet - quite a few years back now.

He just removed a sliver from one side of each toenail concerned and that was it = sorted and back to normal.

I was worried what my feet would look like - but it didnt take long and my toenails all looked normal again. In fact I got a compliment on having attractive feet recently:D - and I'll still wear flip-flops (if the weather is warm enough) to show off my feet.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mardatha i'm sure a wet Sunday in Wales runs it pretty close :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks EMPTYNESTER I'll bear that in mind, you up that way too?

I know it's prohibited to use the 'C' word in August but I've been chucking two pounds a week plus any odd pound coins I've still got in my purse at the end of the housekeeping week into a jar to use for food at Christmas and I had a count up this morning and I've £83 in there already. By the time we hit December I'll have enough for all I need without having to hit the bank balance too hard, that's a nice feeling. I'm thinking that this year I'll buy a nice piece of beef rib on the bone as that's really nice sliced cold for sandwiches etc. after Christmas day, I can't remember the last time I saw rib on the bone in any of the supermarkets but luckily there is a good independent butcher in our new market town so I'm hopeful of being able to source a good joint there. I'm only thinking Christmas as I've this morning packed all the decorations, lights and the Christmas tree ready to move, you'll have to forgive me!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,264 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Mrs LW 28-day aged forerib is our joint of choice for Christmas - a good balance of well-done/medium/rare for everyone's preference and it freezes well too :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Our butcher usually does boned and rolled rib but will do rib on the bone if we order it. I might order a joint this Christmas. there will probably only be three of us and I'm the only one who really likes turkey. I can always have my fill of turkey at all the Christmas lunches for the various groups I seem to have joined .
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Piddling down whilst moving along the canal can also be miserable especially when CHS has been brought up to believe that if he gets wet by rain, he will catch a chill, that will immediately turn in to pneumonia and then he will DIE!!!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You temptress VEGPATCH you've sussed out the way into Mar's good books, Heffalump sized shrimps, jelly babies the same and whopping big chocolate camels and she won't even notice there's a world outside let alone what the weather is doing. You may just be a GENIUS!!!
  • mumf
    mumf Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mrs LW if you ever need to rely on supermarket deliveries I can vouch for the Tesco deliveries that come from the stores in Gloucester. I have needed to use a delivery service for the last couple of years and Tesco have been very good. On the rare occasion that there has been a problem their customer service has sorted it out quickly.
    In an attempt to reduce my bill I am currently trialing Asda. I've only had one delivery from them so it's far to early to compare. If they fall short I will go back to Tesco because they have given me good service.

We have gone back to Tesco delivery,from Asda.Asda went back to 2 hour slots with no notice,and the service has been very poor.Tesco is a little dearer,but the drivers are prompt,courteous and smart.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback