PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ivyleaf could you put a cushion, or two, under his side of the mattress, just to raise the edge it a little ?
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • pandamonium
    pandamonium Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ivyleaf could you put a cushion, or two, under his side of the mattress, just to raise the edge it a little ?
    That sounds a really good idea. Maybe a bit of dense foam, cut to size, could work?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A couple of rolled up towels would do the job and you'd already have them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mrs LW I agree with you about the prices at M & S. We have a food only store at a local garage, the prices in there are astronomical!! I always get my parmesan from Aldi, its good cheese.

Whew its 'ot here, We sit in the sitting room in the afternoon, as the sun is on the back, but the kitchen is like an oven. I think we will be eating in the sitting room rather than at the kitchen table......you could fry in there. I have the makings of an onion and bacon frittata on the stove, very tempted to bake it in the remoska, the kitchen will be even hotter if I put the combi on even for 20 minutes.

OH has just picked another half pound of rasps, some of them for dessert, the rest for tomorrow.
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

Well, the away message is up on my work email, all of my projects are filed in their folders and stacked with a list on top for when I return and I am ready!

I woke up this morning with a sore neck. A few doses of ibuprofen and very ginger stretching and I can now mostly move normally but it is still sore. It happens from time to time and is miserable. I'd planned to go to the gym today but had to rule that out.

Ivy the rolled up towels/firm foam wedge sound a good idea, but only if they won't make it harder for him to get into and out of bed.

I must agree about M&S. We get a few things in there--they have a seeded oatcake that has less saturated fat than any other and makes a good portable snack for me and they do a lean bacon we haven't tried yet but for basics they really are dear. Our local Aldi shut today for a refurb, but we'll probably just go to the one the next town over. We do go to Mr. T as well, but only for things we can't get at Aldi.

Tomorrow we're heading into town so I can spend my birthday money. I haven't actually seen much I want but we'll look around anyway and have some lunch. OH is making pizza tonight. I've done all of the calculations and using reduced fat mozzarella I should be fine, particularly as I was quite careful with breakfast and lunch. Watermelon for puds if I have room left.

Csarina our dining room is off the kitchen and gets afternoon/evening sun we haven't eaten in there in days. Fortunately we have shade in the garden that is very pleasant for meals, and even the lounge is cooler.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions you lovely people, but yes, putting anything under the edge of the mattress would certainly make it more difficult for him to get in and out (and when asleep he'd keep rolling into my half.) Thank you though :)

Horribly muggy today, and for a wonder it's actually warmer outside than indoors, which is quite unusual. I can't think what we can have for dinner, can't face cooking. Maybe omelettes or something.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    IVYLEAF would something like a cotton reel or some marbles in a bag under the bottom sheet at the edge of the bed in a couple of places be enough to wake him if he rolled towards the edge? like folks do to make them roll over off their backs if they snore?
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    silver-oldie, thank you for posting again. We were missing you. Are you OK? I know life isn't easy for you but there is usually a listening ear here.

It's no good. It is just too hot for me. I had a couple of miles walk this afternoon to the hairdresser and back and I could barely move by the time I got back. It's 27° in my room, even with the fan on so it will be a sticky night ahead.

I seem to have let myself in for helping to run the cafe at the School Summer Fair on Saturday week. My hairdresser is on the PTA and she was complaining that no one is willing to volunteer to help these days. Everyone is wanting the fair but no one has the time to help run it. The person who always runs the cafe had just dropped out so my hairdressers mother and I are going to do it. I'm a fool to myself.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Ivy just put a mattress on the floor and shove him off the bed lol

Oh bad mard!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree with our `tongue in cheek` mar, she is right, if he is on a mattress on the floor then he cannot fall further and you`ll both get a good nights sleep

Lots sorted today and am hating the hot humid weather. Had to get out, I was going stir crazy in a cooler cave. So now I am sorted and know exactly what flooring, doors and stove. I need security and to be warm in winter. I spoke to all the companies and their lead times are good, except the stove co, who have a long lead and hence asked me to get permission to get the fireplace surveyed for a quote. Got it. Stove is clearview pioneer 400. Doors in chartwell green composite with v good locks, flooring downstairs moduleo verdon oak and its gorgeous in the flesh
    //www.moduleo.co.uk/product/verdon-oak-24232

As advised on another thread, I have been making scale drawings, large as I could and so far am delighted to say that my furniture will fit in sitting room and 2 bedrooms so far. I am very happy but a bit wound up and too hot and probably dehydrated
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback