IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ claim, new evidence from claimant 2 weeks from trial

Options

Comments

• Shauna_Ellen
    Options
    It seems I can't post images via links because I'm so new.
    I've uploaded the evidence pack to Dropbox so if you add the Dropbox website address in front of this code it should take you to the folder:

/sh/j7xbd9egad91i9h/AAAfkkakZNkRJjvZ4u-EEK-ca?dl=0

Let me know if there is a better way. I tried to create a photobucket account but it wanted me to pay
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes its UKCPM with a statement by Jack Chapman

I've spent an entertaining 20 minutes on Google streetview - thanks for the tip. 2 relevant images:
    1. July 2017 (5 months before we parked there), shows that the dark sign behind my husbands car is actually an advert for the furniture barn, not a parking notice! However, moving it around there is one single smallish parking sign at the entry to the car park. its under a tree. It also shows lots of the free on road parking.
    2. August 2018 (7 months after he parked there), the sign by the entry to the car park is now scraped off / blank. The gym hasn't arrived by this point so there are no new signs.

I'll go and do some scanning. Thanks again for all the support - I really do appreciate it.

You need the weekend to think all this over. Everyone has given you factual advice.

Don't concern yourself about Jack Chapman and UKCPM because if they have signed a statement of truth, they will be lying to the court. And £248 is lying to the court

UKCPM use the incompetent Gladstones probably because they are too scared to go to court themselves.
    Gladstones have failed UKCPM so many times, it's a relationship that lives in the clouds.

For Gladstones to continue with the £60 scam simply means they are clueless as to what the courts are doing and ruling

I refer of course to ABUSE OF PROCESS which is what Gladstones are doing .... to you and the court
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

Study this carefully and be determined to get Gladstones spanked in court and claiming your costs
  • Shauna_Ellen
    Options
    Thank you!I've put aside time tomorrow to do the statement and evidence with my husband.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:30PM
    Options
    I've spent an entertaining 20 minutes on Google streetview - thanks for the tip. 2 relevant images:
    1. July 2017 (5 months before we parked there), shows that the dark sign behind my husbands car is actually an advert for the furniture barn, not a parking notice! However, moving it around there is one single smallish parking sign at the entry to the car park. its under a tree. It also shows lots of the free on road parking.
    2. August 2018 (7 months after he parked there), the sign by the entry to the car park is now scraped off / blank. The gym hasn't arrived by this point so there are no new signs.
    That is very good as evidence. It should make the Judge question whether the sign was even there and if one was, then was it transparent and prominent.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Shauna_Ellen
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. Witness statement and evidence and costs schedule filed today (ring binder, paginated) at court and sent first class to Gladstones (no ring binder).

Should I file a skeleton argument - it seems to be the done thing looking at the other threads. I'll probably write out my arguments long hand anyway so it won't be much more effort anyway.

Thanks again.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:31PM
    Options
    Yes its UKCPM with a statement by Jack Chapman

Please copy & adapt the complaints to the CRA about Gladstones that I wrote tonight, and email one tomorrow about your own case, showing the SRA the WS and signature (the whole document).

Search the forum for Jack Chapman SRA and find the ones I just wrote.
    The heading and ref to quote are shown in the other ones, and the SRA email addy.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Should I file a skeleton argument - it seems to be the done thing looking at the other threads. I'll probably write out my arguments long hand anyway so it won't be much more effort anyway.

Thanks again.
    A Skeleton Argument acts as an aide memoire and is a footpath through your defence and witness statement (WS). It might be useful for you and the judge IF you have a complicated case. If you do file a SA keep it to bullet points and don't be tempted to rewrite your defence and WS.
  • Shauna_Ellen
    Options
    Thanks. It's not hugely complex so I will see whether I file it or not. Thanks for the tips.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:32PM
    Options
    Do the SRA email if you feel there has been a breach of the SRA standards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure