Options

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 April 2014 at 6:38PM
    Options
    elantan wrote: »

So El do I do this with a therapist or a friend or the guy I met at the weekend who is an NLP practitioner and who I shared inappropriately with. :o (As in information not bodily fluids - his wife was standing next to him. Do you think I have no shame!!)

Yes lets tell everyone in the room, even the people who only met you 5 minutes ago how you have had a traumatic flashback to hiding under the sofa at home :o. Nice for them.

So pay rise arriving this month after a bit of prodding. In my prodding I managed to avoid using the terms 'Oi' and 'where's me money' and 'are you ignoring all emails from me?' HR woman has broken what appeared to be becoming a habit for her - ignoring my emails!

Tomorrow I go to Peterborough because the passport is lost :(
    Of course it will probably turn up on Thursday but for now it is lost :(:( And it's going to cost me just over a £100 :(:(:( but on a positive note the photo will be nicer :D

Can't check in without it or get foreign currency with a card so I hope they send it pronto. In other (predictable) positives there is a pub just up the road from it that sells REAL ALE :beer: and gets rave reviews for its food too:beer:. Truly there is a God. Better not get TOO p*ssed before I roll into the Passport office!!! :rotfl:

On the food front things look good. I think I have bought one takeaway since pay day. Apart from that have spent about £15 on food and had a lot of NSDs. May get a tin of chickpeas and do another banana curry tonight or a fish finger butty :T. Just remembered I have sausages defrosting so it will be a sausage casserole made with mushroom soup and onions. Have hot cross buns to put some cheese in for tomorrow (which will mean I just drink at the pub!)

Right better go and check my trains for tomorrow. Am looking forward to running away from work for a day. Leave them with the leaky roofs and damp for a day. Some days just wear you down.

Clearly I need a holiday and for that I need a passport :j:j:j
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    So what's happened this week.
    Am trying to shake off the feeling that I am crap because I gave the wrong figure to the boss for audit :eek:. Need to use the figure worked out that matches the tenancy agreement, not the one we started with. Do find it hard to forgive my mistakes - don't think I'm alone in this (This is the point at which you all need to jump in!)

People who don't forgive their own mistakes tend to be more forgiving of others. People who think they're perfect on the other hand... :eek:

I still get the horrors from time to time from the various social faux-pas I have committed over the years. But never mind - nobody will care in 1000 years.
    So other than cocking up figures, and currently being surrounded by people in the library who need a good scrub (but who am I to comment - been there, done that, got the extremely smelly t-shirt - that's the thing with depression and low self esteem, it's hard to tell.)

Sometimes it's not that - it's because they smoke or they have dogs/horses/insert name of large mammal here.

Just be thankful it's just that. I can give you library horror stories...
    Went home last weekend and my dad 'cooked' for me. I'm sure you're anticipating me here. That meant I had two sandwiches and ice-cream. See there's a flaw in this logic somewhere but I'm not quite sure where.

You need to get rid of his old book "Cooking with Olive Oil" and replace it by "Cooking with heat."
    Just time to tell you what I learnt on my beer tasting night on Thursday. That lime they put in the top of your lager bottle.
    Why do they put it in?
    To keep the flies out!!!:rotfl:

It must be weak beer then. The proper stuff kills the flies on it's own.
    Can't even remember what the starting number was? Somewhere around £30k?
    Now at £12,720

:T:T:T
    Just a bit flat today because I am incredibly stressed.
    Stressed because I have an appointment on Tuesday to replace my lost passport, which will arrive in the following week before I go to Germany on the Thursday.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yes, the appointment to determine you're not a terrorist. Just a woman who flies with an explosive bag.
    But really more stressed because we are at year end and one of my colleagues has had an IMMENSE amount of pressure applied to her and I've just been able to watch and not do anything. There was something really horrendous about being trapped in the office with someone with an incredible amount of stress in the air.

Was she equally stressed? Have you talked to her about it?
    There is some deep deep parallel in there with being trapped in the house at an early age with the same atmosphere.

Don't know what I can do to prepare for it next year though.

Holidays? Or is that just me?
    I felt like crying in the office and what would that look like (when it's not even your scheme!!!)
    Anyone got any ideas. It has quite frightened me how threatened I felt today and it was entirely irrational.

Feelings are irrational. It's why they're feelings. Logic is rational. It's why it's logic. Don't worry about explaining either. They are whatever they choose to be. Explanations are moot - it's the dealing with and mitigating that matters.

It's sounding like your reaction is just what you're feeling but greatly amplified by a sort of post-traumatic stress from your childhood. Your feeling of someone being under pressure takes you back to when you were almost literally trapped and in danger. That's not going to be a pleasant experience in anyone's book.
    So El do I do this with a therapist or a friend or the guy I met at the weekend who is an NLP practitioner and who I shared inappropriately with. :o (As in information not bodily fluids - his wife was standing next to him. Do you think I have no shame!!)

Whatever rocks your boat. His wife as well? ;)
    Yes lets tell everyone in the room, even the people who only met you 5 minutes ago how you have had a traumatic flashback to hiding under the sofa at home :o. Nice for them.

They're undoubtedly not strangers to it.
    Tomorrow I go to Peterborough because the passport is lost :(
    Of course it will probably turn up on Thursday but for now it is lost :(:( And it's going to cost me just over a £100 :(:(:( but on a positive note the photo will be nicer :D

Well I try to ensure the photograph is the same (even kept the jumper). Makes me look like I haven't aged... :T :rotfl:
    Can't check in without it or get foreign currency with a card so I hope they send it pronto. In other (predictable) positives there is a pub just up the road from it that sells REAL ALE :beer: and gets rave reviews for its food too:beer:. Truly there is a God. Better not get TOO p*ssed before I roll into the Passport office!!! :rotfl:

There's not too many merry terrorists...
    Right better go and check my trains for tomorrow. Am looking forward to running away from work for a day. Leave them with the leaky roofs and damp for a day. Some days just wear you down.

Some months wear me down... :o
    Clearly I need a holiday and for that I need a passport :j:j:j

:T:T:T

Hope you're feeling much better now. :kisses3:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    Where have you been funny man?
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options

Both on holiday, and not feeling good - so not doing much of anything.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,555 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Boo to not feeling good Z.
    Take care.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Both on holiday, and not feeling good - so not doing much of anything.
    Take care of you Mr. Maybe I'll send you some property !!!!!! to peruse before I fly to Deutschland.

B x
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Options
    Right .....off into the passport office. Wish me luck.

IT'S ME ........IT'S ME..........REALLY IT IS!!
    48% off mortgage

• skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine.
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Aug  35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2350/7000

Mortgage balance: £52262

• Butti
    Options
    Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine.

You're right...it went ok....now itjust has to come back in under a week :A Lets all start praying.

Not all good. Just got out of the passport office and I got mugged..........

by a red jacket, a red top and an M&S till. Do they do 12 step programmes for Per Una?

I do have £30 credit on my credit card so I 've paid on that and we shall put another £20 on it tomorrow :D.
    48% off mortgage

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

ive missed him too ... was almost tempted to text him again but i didnt want people talking about us :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure