Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Paully28
    • By Paully28 2nd Jan 19, 2:01 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Paully28
    0 WOW
    National Trust
    • 2nd Jan 19, 2:01 PM
    0 WOW
    National Trust 2nd Jan 19 at 2:01 PM
    Hi,

Anyone have a voucher for national trust yearly family membership. It is currently £120/year and thought I would ask first before I bought it

thanks in advance Paul
Page 2
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 19th Jun 19, 9:28 AM
    • 39,687 Posts
    • 23,681 Thanks
    Quentin
    I am all for Money Saving, but I am not sure if I will comfortable about using some of the options suggested, especially as these are not-for-profit organisation.....
    Originally posted by rajeshk4u
    Why be uncomfortable?

No-one forced these organisations to include reciprocity as a benefit of paying to be a member!
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 19th Jun 19, 10:56 AM
    • 3,849 Posts
    • 2,023 Thanks
    MABLE
    I am all for Money Saving, but I am not sure if I will comfortable about using some of the options suggested, especially as these are not-for-profit organisation.....
    Originally posted by rajeshk4u
    I'm all for saving money and this is a legitimate of doing just that.
    • jonboy321
    • By jonboy321 26th Jun 19, 1:08 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    jonboy321
    I agree. I think the National Trust itself is good value £10.50 a month for a family membership seems very reasonable.

The fact is, that these places need to be paid for, if you aren't prepared to even pay a tenner to support a nice park, gardens or house that you are enjoying then that is beyond tight.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 26th Jun 19, 1:46 PM
    • 39,687 Posts
    • 23,681 Thanks
    Quentin
    I agree. I think the National Trust itself is good value £10.50 a month for a family membership seems very reasonable.

The fact is, that these places need to be paid for, if you aren't prepared to even pay a tenner to support a nice park, gardens or house that you are enjoying then that is beyond tight.
    Originally posted by jonboy321
    You forget this is a money saving website & forum!

Being "tight" doesn't come into it!!
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 26th Jun 19, 6:20 PM
    • 24,706 Posts
    • 13,088 Thanks
    lisyloo
    Originally posted by jonboy321
    No one is stopping you making a voluntary donation if you wish or forcing you to take advantage of any offer/loop holes.

These places shouldnít make offers if they donít want people to take advantage of them, so no sympathy for a professionally run organsation.

Personally I use my own judgment and sometimes donate where itís good value/not for profit or they are doing good work.
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 14th Jul 19, 7:21 PM
    • 5,181 Posts
    • 1,977 Thanks
    knightstyle
    It really annoys me that those of us with few NT places near to visit pay the same as those who live down South and have lots.
    Plus the NZ membership we got definitely does not cover parking and we have to pay £5 even for a short stop for a pic-nic.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,802Posts Today

8,906Users online

Martin's Twitter