* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• sammy_kaye18
    Options

SAMMYKAYE glad your friend is safe, aww I bet you cant wait to get Nikki home, I bet the kids are excited having her a week early

:D:D:D:D:D My son knows but the littlie doesn't so she will probably be having convulsions when daddy walks in with the mystery box tomorrow :D:D:D:D will be like a mini christmas!

Well I have finally figured out somethgni for my mother in laws xmas present - I tend to pick things up and put them on a list all year for her but I had an add pop up on facebook today and knew she'd like it so I am going to get her Levison Wood - Walking The Nile / Walking the Himalayas / Walking the Americas boxset - its £21.99 on Amazon but she will love it and we usually spend about £30 on her so thats her ticked off the list - will put it in my basket ready for pay day next week!

Off today as well to look at Candles before I go into work. Need one for my sister and one for my mother to finish their gifts off and I want to look at a few puppy bits and pieces :D

Right best go because I need to be on a bus in 20 minutes and I still haven't gotten changed into my work stuff yet! doh!
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    alja wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've just caught up on all your posts since I've been away on holiday. So exciting to hear that things are hitting the shops, even if we hear lots of moans and groans about it being there...it makes things so much easier to plan in advance and make sure I don't go spending too much!

I'm not sure if I mentioned last time, but me and my other half have decided we're not going to buy much for each other this year. We're going to stick to a smaller budget like £20/£30, as we want to go on an expensive holiday (or two!) next year, so our money will go to that instead. We get so many presents from family anyways :)

Now our summer holiday is done and the weather is turning, I'm definitely ready to get stuck back into Christmas planning. I might try to work out how I can get my friends' presents to be as "money neutral" as possible - using loyalty points, freebies etc. We all get together and exchange gifts which we then open on Christmas day at our own homes.

I need to get planning what to buy with the notepads I've bought for my other half's mum. I've got her a set of 3 cute little notepads to pop in handbags etc. and a nice bigger one for at home. ..any suggestions? :)

If you are looking for a pen theres a site called Zen le femme there beautiful handmade pens.
  • LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Peppa - well my OH works in the construction trade so he is going to get his decorator in to do all the painting/wallpaper etc. But the biggest task will be sorting through all her toys while she's not looking, so I can actually get rid of some of them!! Then I can order all the furniture once I know the date that the decorator is coming. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Free - thank you, the most important thing is we are all safe. We were gutted to come home early but we can always go on holiday again :)

I ordered some cute wooden snowflakes on Amazon today. My idea is to paint them white, stick some swarovski crystals on them & give them as tree ornament gifts. Looking forward to that, I'm not great at craft stuff so simple things like this are right up my street.

I am going to sit down tonight & work out what vouchers I have and reward points. I know that I have around £200 nectar points, so going to make sure I use them this year to get some of the shopping done without spending 'real' money. I've also got £150 odd of Boots advantage points, so definitely using them up this year for some stocking fillers.

Me & my sisters have been talking about Christmas lately. A few years ago we tried going down the route of, don't buy for each other, just the kids, but we all felt so bad that we ended up buying for each other as well. So I have suggested having a budget this year, much better idea as it means we can still get something for each other but can use our imaginations to try & make the money go further :)
  • mrsinvisible
    Options
    LMG so relieved you are safe and sound, yes, you can always reholiday.
    Peppa, l have typical 'sugar bowl' mentality for savings. l have 6 money boxes, one for each value of coin (except £1s as they are for DGS dinner money and pocket money for the nibs at Christmas, they get £2 a week, so they love counting it when they come.) Then l count up the coins in the boxes and when there is enough l transfer it to a money bag.
    The decorating, remodelling, plastering going on on here is making me fidgety l may need to join in. Fave cos has given me the other half of a carpet remnant she used for her 3rd bedroom, and there may be enough for my smallest bedroom. Measuring needed.
    Have spent today filling in PIP forms for the cousin of DS2s friend, spent a couple of hours yesterday going through it with her, and she will return tomorrow to finish it off.
    Vulpix l'm with you, clutter makes me nervous, but we put up with it cos we love the clutter bearers. Baby stuff, however, is not clutter, it is cuddle swap.
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ideas welcome, please. My daughter has three boys who, by Christmas, will be aged 2-8. This year, I have the opportunity to look after them, at theirs, for a couple of days/nights, just before New Year as their parents are planning a welcone break on their own.
    They will , obviously, have had the excitement of Christmas but I would love to extend this for a couple of days while I look after them. They still believe in Santa and he will have been and gone but I would love to extend the whole experience for them while I'm there. I can delay their presents, from me, or some of them anyway, to be given during those two days and I don't want to stretch their belief by saying that Santa has come back with more, lol.
    I will more or less stuck indoors with them due to transport issues but would love them to look back on this time as a magical one, and, if it goes well, I am more than happy to make this a tradition.
    So, I would welcome any ideas re keeping them busy/happy for a couple of post Christmas, pre New Year days. Thanks.
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    If you are looking for a pen theres a site called Zen le femme there beautiful handmade pens.

Thank you so much, I will take a look at them :)

LMG...that's an amazing amount of points, I only have a £ or two on each of mine. Enjoy spending them! :)
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    WHITESATIN that needs a bit of thought, I'll try firing up the little grey cells :)

Went to our Home Bargains this afternoon and got a Gingerbread large jar candle and the green Christmas Tree one and two Father Christmas cake tins - no idea what I'm going to do with them but for £1.49 each I had to buy a couple. Also popped into Primarni and bought some really cute reindeer tea light holders for £1.50 each and two little unicorn ones (they'll be for DGD and honorary DGD who are unicorn mad)for £2 each. Definitely feeling festive today.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    whitesatin wrote: »
    Ideas welcome, please. My daughter has three boys who, by Christmas, will be aged 2-8. This year, I have the opportunity to look after them, at theirs, for a couple of days/nights, just before New Year as their parents are planning a welcone break on their own.
    They will , obviously, have had the excitement of Christmas but I would love to extend this for a couple of days while I look after them. They still believe in Santa and he will have been and gone but I would love to extend the whole experience for them while I'm there. I can delay their presents, from me, or some of them anyway, to be given during those two days and I don't want to stretch their belief by saying that Santa has come back with more, lol.
    I will more or less stuck indoors with them due to transport issues but would love them to look back on this time as a magical one, and, if it goes well, I am more than happy to make this a tradition.
    So, I would welcome any ideas re keeping them busy/happy for a couple of post Christmas, pre New Year days. Thanks.

could you maybe do them a new years countdown advent? a gift/activity a day from boxing day till news years eve with bigger ones on the days you have them.

asda have added more xmas jumpers quite liking the yoda one for ds
    https://direct.asda.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ASDA-Site/default/Search-Show?q=christmas+jumpers&cgid=10&ccgid=10#https://direct.asda.com/george/clothing/10,default,sc.htmlq=christmas%20jumpers&srule=g_price_desc&start=0&sz=20

Poundland have started putting out xmas stock

cardfactory have the xmas gift bags in. Different offer this year any 4 for £1 rather than the x amount of a certain size they used to do.

Decided we are going to eat out xmas eve again this year so just waiting for bookings to open. It wasn't that expensive last year so think we'll going to make it a regular thing.
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • Clumsy42
    Options
    Morning all. This awful weather is making me feel more and more Christmassy! :rotfl:

ESA assessment went ok as far as I can tell - might be different story when I get the decision. Survived my weekend home alone. Didn't enjoy it one bit. Apart from the pizza. ;)

Cardiologists yesterday. Being sent for some tests but the doc couldn't hear a murmur like the GP could so no idea if I actually have one. Being seen again in 4 months so they can't think its very serious! :rotfl:

Christmas wise, I think I will get my sister that Beauty and the Beast calendar. Might eventually get some money back for it if I join up with Quidco first. But I've read Superdrug is pretty slow with that so I won't count on it.

Hope you're all well. :)
    Save
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • LMG1305
    Options
    Just a quick one at the moment as I'm in work. A friend of mine works in Tesco & has said that the christmas tubs of chocolate are on the 2 for £7 offer at the moment. Stock up people!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure