First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh dear SA,, your a busy lady , at least you have some wind down time x
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Im so sorry you’re feeling alone SA - it must be so difficult for you at times and it’s great that you and lucky can support one another.

I think we tend to be rather lighthearted on here about Mr SA sometimes - mAinly to try and cheer you up a bit as you do so much and are an absolute rock. It’s easy to forget sometimes that he is disabled and his cantankerousness stems from that. I certainly don’t know if I could cope like you do under the circumstances. You have my undying admiration.

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »

Then he reminded me that he still wants the bootee slippers and when am I picking them up. Not gone that blank then.

:rotfl::rotfl: that tickled me. Bless you... (both) xx
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Im so sorry you’re feeling alone SA - it must be so difficult for you at times and it’s great that you and lucky can support one another.

I think we tend to be rather lighthearted on here about Mr SA sometimes - mAinly to try and cheer you up a bit as you do so much and are an absolute rock. It’s easy to forget sometimes that he is disabled and his cantankerousness stems from that. I certainly don’t know if I could cope like you do under the circumstances. You have my undying admiration.

SSG x

I can't say anything better than this but I agree 100% with SSG.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    Options
    Hey SA we are all here, and if you catch ET regular pop in for a coffee and a chat x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,293 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks folks :)

He asked me to make sure he was awake before I left for work this morning as the episode scared him. He seemed ok but rang me at work to ask what day it was.

We've moved all the furniture from our room into DD's room. OMG the mess! Will be so glad when this week is over, really fed up of the mess now.

So it's back to sleeping on the mattress tonight. Mr SA will have to move it in the morning, not sure how but he's refused to sleep on the sofa which would've been easier in the long run.

Went to the gym at lunchtime and today has been NSD 2.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So carpet fitter the morra?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    Options
    I know how you feel SA , Ive had to empty my double room, and wardrobes ready for the lodger , my stuff was piled high, finally sorted but took a few days
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,293 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Carpets being fitted on stairs, hall and our room tomorrow, then DD's room Wednesday. Not heard anything from them since they rang to confirm the dates so assuming it's all systems go.

DD is going to sleep on the sofa tomorrow night so her bed can go in our room. Pity Mr SA isn't so sensible, one night wouldn't hurt, he just won't put himself out.

Mr SA has just reminded me yet again about the bootee slippers. He's not going to forget them is he?
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Your house will be smelling of new carpet for the next week or so, love that smell.xx
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure