Top Bank Accounts Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• zzzt
    zzzt Posts: 407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    Internet banking is very clunky for me, who do you currently bank with?
    Co-op is my main account. They offer me precisely nothing. No interest, no cashback, no rewards, no features at all other than being a bank account and having an app. They recently changed the internet banking to actively violate basic UX guidelines.

They also stole money from me once, which I wasn't too pleased about.

The only other accounts I have are TSB (which I love) and Tesco (which is giving me interest). Neither is my main current account, but I don't want to get rid of either of them because they're both making money for me right now.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zzzt wrote: »
    Co-op is my main account. They offer me precisely nothing. No interest, no cashback, no rewards, no features at all other than being a bank account and having an app. They recently changed the internet banking to actively violate basic UX guidelines.

They also stole money from me once, which I wasn't too pleased about.

The only other accounts I have are TSB (which I love) and Tesco (which is giving me interest). Neither is my main current account, but I don't want to get rid of either of them because they're both making money for me right now.

Co op offer rewards which would give a few quid a month.

I quite like their internet banking but obviously don't use it too much.

TSB and tesco are both fine in my opinion. The whole HSBC stable has a poor internet interface in my opinion, never could get on with first direct, m&s is even worse than HSBC.

All opinion of course.
  • better21
    better21 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    In the review of best Bank Accounts in MSE, there are notes about criteria which are needed. For example you may have to pay in a certain amount per moth (e.g. Tesco £750 per month, Nationwide £1000 per month).

But this doesn't always link to maintaining a certain balance per month. So what's to stop you paying in say the £750 then taking it out the next day ? Just to satisfy a condition of their higher interest.

Thanks.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    better21 wrote: »
    So what's to stop you paying in say the £750 then taking it out the next day ? Just to satisfy a condition of their higher interest.

Nothing.

But why wait until next day? A few nanoseconds is more than enough. Or if you have sufficient balance (which most would if really taking advantage of the higher interest) there is nothing stopping you taking the money out before you put it back in. :)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Nothing.

But why wait until next day? A few nanoseconds is more than enough. Or if you have sufficient balance (which most would if really taking advantage of the higher interest) there is nothing stopping you taking the money out before you put it back in. :)

Except when FPS stutters - which it is allowed to do.

I get my 40 or so transactions completed in about 90m - and do sequence them in-then-out to keep down the potential stress. :)
  • zzzt
    zzzt Posts: 407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    never could get on with first direct
    First Direct is one of the most consistently highest rated by customers.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zzzt wrote: »
    First Direct is one of the most consistently highest rated by customers.

Not on these boards.
  • phemark
    phemark Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,
    Quick question - if I have 2xCurrent account and a credit card with Lloyds for instance, and want to switch/cancel one of current accounts - would the automatic switching cancel just that one account, or all current accounts and credit cards with the old bank?
    Thanks
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    phemark wrote: »
    Hello,
    Quick question - if I have 2xCurrent account and a credit card with Lloyds for instance, and want to switch/cancel one of current accounts - would the automatic switching cancel just that one account, or all current accounts and credit cards with the old bank?
    Thanks

The switch will only move the single current account which you specify.

Unless your credit card is dependant on you holding a particular current account, which you switch, there will be no effect on your credit card.
  • bazza_wh
    Options
    Has anyone else had issue with the TSB Classic Plus link? After I fill in the first page of the application I receive the message:
    We've encountered an error

We're sorry but something has gone wrong and we've had to end your session.

If you were in the middle of doing something such as applying for a credit card, you'll need to start again from the beginning.

I've ensured that cookies are enabled and have tried 3 different browsers. I'm worried if I start again then I will not be eligible for the £130 MSE cash offer.

Anyone any suggestions?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure