April Penny Pincher Challenge

Options

Comments

• dreamtruce
    dreamtruce Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome and good morning guys!
    Hoping you are all having a good start to the weekend.

Im having a chilled day with the mister,
    I did receive my payslip but don't actually get paid until Wednesday so I'm starting to create a budget.

If you keep me updated with your points I can add them to your total up on the member list.

Jo Bloggs, everything seems to be going smoothly as I got my job transfer sorted yesterday with my manager which was the bit I was stressing a lot over.
    Now the panic is sorta setting in about packing... We have around 15 days to pack but I've got 4 more days than my boyfriend because I have to stay with my parents until my last day of work on the 28th - i'm moving an hour away from my parents home.

Coffee Morning!
    Have you got any plans for the weekend? Any cool or exciting things?

Every Saturday I aim to have a "coffee morning"
    Where members of this challenge can talk about their week, anything good,what they are up to etc.
    Home Deposit: £100.61|BULSFund: £50.00|EmergencyFund: £89.76 | Retirement: 5.21| Xmas 17:£10.00 |July NSD:1 / 15
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    dreamtruce wrote: »

Jo Bloggs, everything seems to be going smoothly as I got my job transfer sorted yesterday with my manager which was the bit I was stressing a lot over.
    Now the panic is sorta setting in about packing... We have around 15 days to pack but I've got 4 more days than my boyfriend btransfer got sortedecause I have to stay with my parents until my last day of work on the 28th - i'm moving an hour away from my parents home.

Great news that your job transfer got sorted :T. You've got plenty of time before you move to pack, so keep calm :);)

Coffee Morning!
    Have you got any plans for the weekend? Any cool or exciting things?

Every Saturday I aim to have a "coffee morning"
    Where members of this challenge can talk about their week, anything good,what they are up to etc.

I like the idea of the Saturday coffee morning chat and catch-up! :p

Managed to do No.42 today - swapped some magazines :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    I just thought that it would be nice to actually connect to members and just have a laugh. Aha I know I got a while to pack but still I got a lot of things to sort out.

We're having a chilled day, we usually don't do a lot on the weekends and I've got a bit of a chest infection so I don't feel like doing much. I've had 2 naps already.

How's your day?
    Home Deposit: £100.61|BULSFund: £50.00|EmergencyFund: £89.76 | Retirement: 5.21| Xmas 17:£10.00 |July NSD:1 / 15
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saturday coffee morning sounds great.

Today I have checked the bank accounts, downloaded an app to log income/expenses and stuck 2 x £2 coins in a bank to start an emergency fund (got to start somewhere!)
    3 points.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • dreamtruce
    edited 1 April 2017 at 5:36PM
    Options
    Good start everyone.

I created a budget and put it on my Google docs though I want to make a spread sheet of it tomorrow, I emailed my gadget insurance company to cancel as I don't ever use it and the stuff on there I never use anyway, I used an app to keep a visual goal.

Im creating shopping list of things I need to get and hoping to do it all or most in one day. Good thing about moving where I am, it's an hour and a half away from the city centre and the local shops about 20 mins away
    Which puts me off spending a lot.

2pts for me today
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Today I created budget, set up a payment arrangement,
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    I may need to change my budget a little but I've got a good start to it already.
    I am also claiming 1 No Spend Day.

Another 19 to go for this month.
  • Jo_Blogs
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Swapped some magazines yesterday, so got a No.42 :D

17 points so far :)

Hope you all have a great and blessed day :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I've updated my paypal details on E bae and waiting for a pay buddy code for my new card as I have sold a few items.
  • Jo_Blogs
    Options
    Good morning and nice going with the Bay sales dreamtruce :T:T - That reminds me, I'm going to list some stuff myself today, so thanks for the reminder :);)

Got a few more points to add later :D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family