April Penny Pincher Challenge

Options

Comments

• Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Great going with the challenge and points :T

Checked my bank account(s) (1 point)
    Checked my savings account(s) (1 point)
    Made a payment into one of my saving accounts (1 point)
    Today will be NSD No.4 (1 point)

Adding 4 points to sig

Hope everyone has a great day :);):D
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • dreamtruce
    dreamtruce Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Today i will be claiming an NSD, I did buy a bus ticket to get me to & from Work (1pt)
    I have £0.00 until tonight when I get paid *shock horror*
    I'm up to 5 points in total !

I was so hungry after leaving work that I almost brought something from the local tesco but I braved out my hunger and waiting for my dad to cook tea. When I got home I ate some cereals to curb the hunger. I took lunch today from home & had some snacks from yesterday left over.

I'm going to change my list - most of the stuff I can't put in force until next month when I'm actually living in my new house due to my last night at home changing to the last friday of the month.
    I hope this is okay - you can change yours at any point if you need to.

Sorry there's been a lot of changes/new things with this challenge but it's the first run so it's all a test run really.
    Home Deposit: £100.61|BULSFund: £50.00|EmergencyFund: £89.76 | Retirement: 5.21| Xmas 17:£10.00 |July NSD:1 / 15
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi all x

Took lunch to work and a bottle of water. So just 2 points for me today.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    I'm getting £50 coming into my account soon due to mix up between me + spotify as well, !
    Yay more money for the new home or fun depending on our situation.

We have a second viewing to see our house again on Saturday, I hope the renovation has been done, I really want to see what the colours + carpets are like.
    Home Deposit: £100.61|BULSFund: £50.00|EmergencyFund: £89.76 | Retirement: 5.21| Xmas 17:£10.00 |July NSD:1 / 15
  • Jo_Blogs
    edited 5 April 2017 at 8:10AM
    Options

Great going with the points :T

So far today I have:

Made a payment to my savings account (1 point)
    Today will be NSD No.5 (1 point) - Got my NSD 5 in a row :j
    Sold some items on the Bay yesterday (1 point)

Will add 5 points to sig :D

I forgot to say, all the best with the second viewing on the house dreamtruce. I'm sure it will be great :);):p
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    Here is my new list, new items are marked with *

Keep an expense log *
    Create a budget for each month
    Have a monthly goal of a certain amount of No Spend Days - 20 NSD
    Use loyalty cards or loyalty apps always
    Walk/bike to work
    Only go “luxury” shopping when you have 5+ items on your list or buy everything you need in one trip
    Create a visual reminder of your goals
    Take your meals to work *
    Organise a finance ‘day’ or hour to check through all financials and to do tasks such as couponing etc.
    Check your bank account(s) regularly *
    Get cheaper Water/gas/electricity/phone/internet bills
    Reuse your shopping bags*
    Set up an emergency fund and or keep an emergency stash of
    money,If you don’t use it in that month, put it in savings/piggy bank
    Pay with cash & keep accountable
    Have a holding pot / Sealed pot *

Tonight will be a spend night - it's planned;
    I need to get easter eggs, foundation (have none at all), the last bits to move out.
    I'm hoping because I do everything tonight i dont have to worry about going out all the time int this month.

I've already checked my bank account this morning - +1pt
    about to make my lunch to take to work.
  • septemberblues
    Options
    How many points a month are people aiming for? I'm up for this, just going to print out the list/s.......then count me in! How do people remember to come back to this thread daily, I've got a memory like a sieve.....
    KEEP CALM AND keep taking the tablets :cool2:
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi

September I just log in after work to remember. As for points I'm aiming to get as many as I can.

Points today
    Check bank account 1pt
    Took lunch to work 1pt
    Water to work 1pt
    Pound shop for lunch things 1pt
    Updated spending log 1pt

Hard day at work so I'm off to flop on the sofa
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    How many points a month are people aiming for? I'm up for this, just going to print out the list/s.......then count me in! How do people remember to come back to this thread daily, I've got a memory like a sieve.....

First & foremost, Welcome to the challenge!
    That is a question I haven't even thought about before. I guess with this challenge is to make it your own. What may work for others may not work for you... as you can see Jo Bloggs is flying with lots of points where as I only have a couple. I think this challenge should just be whatever is comfortable yet challenging for you.

I only just remember to go on daily *giggles lots*
    You don't have to go on daily but I'm really glad everybody does. I think it's important to create a community within challenges aha.

Today
    * I used my re-useable shopping bags,
    * I shopped in pound shops & also got a slightly cheaper foundation than usual, I also brought some new make-up brushes from primark instead of buying those horrendously expensive ones
    *I DID buy a multi-pack of chocolates bars & Skips crisps

Although, I did splash out as I brought myself 2 summery trousers, Sleeping mist (I have trouble winding down and relaxing) and some massage oil...because I get tense and snappy and i feel it a lot in my muscles and also where I pick up children all the time...it strains a little.

I also brought some things for the new house, I tried to get everything as cheap as possible but I purchased a stone wear toilet brush (well the pot is) for £2 ... it looks a lot nicer than those horrible white square plastic ones.

Tomorrow I will be riding my bike to & from work, I'm about to write down expenses.

How did your days go?
  • Jo_Blogs
    Options

Great going with all the points :T

Hi September :) Great to have you on board :);)
    Sort of the same as funfairprincess, except I log in in the morning and afternoon :)
    As for points, yes, I'm aiming to accumulate as many as possible during the month :D

This morning I have:

Will be back this afternoon to update as I need to go food shopping, so will have more points to add when I get back ;):p

Hope everyone has a great day :);)
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family