And now the fuse is lit...

Options

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    It's probably the "half way" point now for spring(for various inaccurate definitions of "half"), so that the cold half of the spring is over, and the wet half is to begin.

Nope, it's snowing...

The kind of thick, wet snow which blocks all the drains and leads to large puddles of surface water.

The town at the bottom of the hill is flooding, though that's like saying oxygen has been found in the air...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Omigod. Stay warm, Z, hope your boiler's a good'un.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ZTD
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Omigod. Stay warm, Z, hope your boiler's a good'un.

I should be OK.

Looks all Christmassy though... :T :xmastree::xmassmile:rudolf::snow_grin
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I should be OK.

Looks all Christmassy though... :T :xmastree::xmassmile:rudolf::snow_grin

It can bleeping do one.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    It can bleeping do one.

Do you wanna build a snowman? :T
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    Do you wanna build a snowman? :T

:eek: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    Options
    So then, changed to summer tyres over the weekend. Yes, I know there's strong rumours of snow at the end of the month, but they were shot, and needs must as the devil drives.

I can't say it was a learning experience, but more of a re-emphasis event.
    1. My summer wheels are *heavy*. Not that much rubber, but lots of aluminium.
    2. They're sticky. Trying to slide them sideways to meet up with the wheel hub was zero sliding and quite a bit of kicking.
    3. Wheel nuts loosen off on the front after initial use much more than the back - to what seems a frightening degree...
    4. Sports tyres "feel" the road. All the roads need resurfacing. 'Nuff said...
    5. I need to replace the winter tyres. The first step in that is reading tyre reviews - for I am Mr Rock-n-Roll. They're truly riveting.... :eek:

Four new tyres should cost around £360 plus about £40 fitting.

I may need to replace one of my summer tyres. More tyre reviews!! :T :j

:p
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Options
    The complicate train of financial events has come to an end, and I'm in a state where the mortgage is paid, and the current account relatively flush. I just need to "top up" other accounts, and all will be happy once more.

No...it didn't go smoothly. When same-day "Faster Payments" aren't available, you really do miss them...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    The complicate train of financial events has come to an end, and I'm in a state where the mortgage is paid, and the current account relatively flush. I just need to "top up" other accounts, and all will be happy once more.

No...it didn't go smoothly. When same-day "Faster Payments" aren't available, you really do miss them...

As long as it was worth it.

• ZTD
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    As long as it was worth it.

It "earns" me (saved mortgage interest) about £60 pcm, yet lets me retain ISAs for the future.

It is a bit of a tart on - but should mean I stay tax-free while "saving" at my mortgage rate.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport