The "Save 12k in 2019" Thread

Options

Comments

• Cherry_Burton
    Options
    Hi,

No 57 here. I'm very pleased to say I have managed £1900 this month. January was a good month for overtime for me. Fingers crossed it remains so.

CB
    1/10/2015 Debt Free
    1/1/2018 Mortgage Free
    Now saving for early retirement
  • lightbulb0811
    Options
    Just transferred £375.50 - new total £440.39
    Save £12k in 2019 #111 £440.39/£4000
    Sealed pot challenge #5 £153.59/250
    Weight Loss 28/60 lb challenge
  • Queen_of_the_Hive
    Options
    Chuffed to report #39 savings of £243.48 made up from various small wins & my stocks and shares ISA improving performance. Same as many it's been slaughtered last quarter of 2018!
    2024 financial goals & challenges

1). Mortgage (started Jan 2024) £120,692.14 / £122400. Overpayment total: £110.68. 89% remaining.

2). #7 Save 1p a day challenge 2024 £60/£780

3). £1610/£3000 in Investment ISA (21/50 investments)

4). Increase cash savings & saving pots

5). Keep debt to a minimum.

Favourite quote: 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gunna get!' Forrest Gump
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,322 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, no. 15 here, first up, sorry for this very late update, I have been overseas and it was just a bit tricky without my normal laptop and/or access to spreadsheets to sort out how Jan went, so I left it till I got back, which was yesterday. Secondly, I'm afraid I've kicked off the year with a negative, -£3,222.07, ouch :( Between the trip (which was undertaken to sort out some family stuff) and a tax bill and some expensive house/garden repairs, it's got the year off to a rocky start, but that's life, and I will just have to try to climb uphill from here! I'll still be underwater at the end of Feb probably. Sorry to drag the table down! I'm nothing if not an optimist and will do my best to reach my target regardless. I seem to remember Jan last year was also a bummer for similar reasons, think it's just a costly month for me generally. Anyway, onwards and upwards. :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • tommyedinburgh
    Options
    Can I join, £12,000 please?
  • MrsR1234
    Options
    When I attempt to view the updated spreadsheet the months have 16 next to them Jan 16, Feb 16 & there are no amounts at all? Anyone else have this??
    Total savings 2018- £7450 (includes Lisa bonus)
    2019:
    Regular Saver: £0.00
    LISA: £0.00
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    Morning Mrs R, I’ve checked for you this morning by clicking on the “Click here to see the total amounts so far” link in the first post and I get Jan 19 with numbers in that column. Seems to be working ok for me. Hopefully a clever person will be along soon to help!
  • iquit
    iquit Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 February 2019 at 10:00AM
    Options
    cathybird wrote: »
    Morning all, no. 15 here, first up, sorry for this very late update, I have been overseas and it was just a bit tricky without my normal laptop and/or access to spreadsheets to sort out how Jan went, so I left it till I got back, which was yesterday. Secondly, I'm afraid I've kicked off the year with a negative, -£3,222.07, ouch :( Between the trip (which was undertaken to sort out some family stuff) and a tax bill and some expensive house/garden repairs, it's got the year off to a rocky start, but that's life, and I will just have to try to climb uphill from here! I'll still be underwater at the end of Feb probably. Sorry to drag the table down! I'm nothing if not an optimist and will do my best to reach my target regardless. I seem to remember Jan last year was also a bummer for similar reasons, think it's just a costly month for me generally. Anyway, onwards and upwards. :)

Life is what happens when we are busy making plans - something my mother used to say. Hopefully everything is sorted with your family. Hang in there, you can turn this around, cheering you on from my little corner here :T:T
    2019 MFW No. 74 £13700/£30000 (45.66%)
    12k in 2018 No. 98 £6274.19/£18000 (34.85%)

BTL (start) £97440.00 (current) £68000.00
    Residential (start) £275000.00 (current) £268000.00
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MrsR1234 wrote: »
    When I attempt to view the updated spreadsheet the months have 16 next to them Jan 16, Feb 16 & there are no amounts at all? Anyone else have this??
    It's working fine for me this end - have another look?
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cathybird wrote: »
    Sometimes life gets in the way and things happen! You can get it back, it's only month one :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport