IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MSE News: 'Don't pay unfair private parking tickets'

Options

Comments

• Julie_Tidball
    Options
    I parked in a car park at Staples in Chatham but because I was 14 minutes over the allowed time they sent me a 'fine' for £100. I wrote them a letter declining their invitation to pay as I felt it was excessive. I never received a reply, only another letter the same as the original.
    I have now received a letter from Debt Revovery Plus Ltd saying I now owe £160 that has to be paid straightaway.
    Any advice on what I should do ? What have other people done ?
    Thank you
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I parked in a car park at Staples in Chatham but because I was 14 minutes over the allowed time they sent me a 'fine' for £100. I wrote them a letter declining their invitation to pay as I felt it was excessive. I never received a reply, only another letter the same as the original.
    I have now received a letter from Debt Revovery Plus Ltd saying I now owe £160 that has to be paid straightaway.
    Thank you

Please see my post above and start your own thread
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then start your own thread but do not use your real name, and do not say who was driving. You need to amend your post immediately to remove that information,.
    Parking scammers read these fora.

Do not use the information on this thread. The MSE "official" information is useless, out of date, and will cost you money if you do.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Please see my post above and start your own thread

bg, you should edit out the incriminating information you have quoted.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    bg, you should edit out the incriminating information you have quoted.

pardon me fruitcake
  • WF554415
    Options
    Hi I'm sorry for posting here but new to the forum and not sure how to post!
    I have had a parking charge notice from parking eye for staying 26 minutes over on a parking ticket at the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool. I replied to it saying it was unfair but they rejected my claim.
    I have now recieved a "letter before county court claim" and not sure what to do.
    Most of the advice I've seen on forums is NOT to reply to any correspondance but as I have repllied to the initial notice I'm not sure if this changes things for me.
    Can someone help please
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Welcome to MSE WF554415.

This isn't the thread where we will provide advice to you on your specific issue. You will need to open a new thread of your own. Please go to the following link and then press the blue button in the middle (cunningly described as 'New Thread') which will provide you with a new thread window. Post away there.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72879947&postcount=109
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The advice to ignore everything is long outdated.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WF554415 wrote: »
    Hi I'm sorry for posting here but new to the forum and not sure how to post!

You confirmed that you had read and understood the basics of posting as part of your signup. Basics, yes but enough to avoid this.

In addition, you also clearly agreed not to hijack old/oudated/irrelevant threads, like this one.

Please go to the top of this forum and start by reading the Newbies Sticky carefully - then start your own thread if you need more detailed help.
  • Baynsey7
    Options
    I have received a PCN G24 . I attend my local gym weekly and pay the correct car park charge. On this occasion the machine was not working and I took photographic evidence. You have to pay on exit and a number of people experiencing same issue. I wrote to G24 who ignored my explanation and told me to appeal to IAS . Again I requested all appeal forms. They arrived AFTER I had to pay £2 to post office as they had not put postage on. I explained and sent photgraphic evidence. G24 responded with 12 beautifully colored photos of where I should pay and cost etc. I am not disputing there is a cost I do that each week I am stating that the machines were not working. My appeal was dismissed as they said that the machines were working . Clearly they were not. I also stated to IAS send £2 cost of postage to G24 to more than cover my car park fee. Unable to appeal to POPLA as G24 repeatedly refuse to give me 10 digit number . I am seeing on different threads just to ignore and do not pay
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure