Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone been to raiding the rock vault at Hard Rock Hotel? The reviews on tripadvisor seem good but I don't always find that the most reliable thing to check. I really wanted to go to O at Bellagio, but prices have gone right up for next week.
    friends of ours have seen Raiding the Rock Vault 5 times. They love it. We haven’t seen it yet, but are considering it for next trip.
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "O" was that good, I fell asleep during it.....

I was pretty hungover mind you.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Has anyone been to raiding the rock vault at Hard Rock Hotel? The reviews on tripadvisor seem good but I don't always find that the most reliable thing to check. I really wanted to go to O at Bellagio, but prices have gone right up for next week.

I went to see it a few years ago when it was playing at Tropicana (I think).

It was brilliant and I highly recommend, great energy, great show and fantastic music, a bit of something for everyone.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • pebblesmax
    Options
    Raiding the Rock Vault on Travelzoo for $39 at the moment.
  • toffee'n'tom
    Options
    Hi. I’m thinking if booking a Vegas break for myself and my daughter in September for her 21st. I was looking at the Bellagio or Venetian hotels but I’m open to other suggestions? Can anyone give me a list of ‘must do’ for an 8 day trip

Thanks in advance
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    toffeentom wrote: »
    Hi. I’m thinking if booking a Vegas break for myself and my daughter in September for her 21st. I was looking at the Bellagio or Venetian hotels but I’m open to other suggestions? Can anyone give me a list of ‘must do’ for an 8 day trip

Thanks in advance

There is a lot of good info and tips on the intro pages of this thread, it would be worth having a read through. Now the accommodation depends on your taste and budget of course. Prices fluctuate frequently in Vegas due to events, time of year and public holidays for example. The hotels listed are centrally located so you can't go wrong with either. If after a more modern vibe Cosmo, Aria or Vdara maybe worth looking at from my experience. Note most high end hotels charge around 40 dollars per night/ room so factor that into your budgeting.

Good luck with the planning.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    There is a lot of good info and tips on the intro pages of this thread, it would be worth having a read through. Now the accommodation depends on your taste and budget of course. Prices fluctuate frequently in Vegas due to events, time of year and public holidays for example. The hotels listed are centrally located so you can't go wrong with either. If after a more modern vibe Cosmo, Aria or Vdara maybe worth looking at from my experience. Note most high end hotels charge around 40 dollars per night/ room so factor that into your budgeting.

Good luck with the planning.

I think nearly all strip hotels charge a daily resort fee if that is what you were referring to with the 40 dollars charge.
    Just in case you were not aware you can visit all public areas of any hotel (and gamble. eat drink etc)even if you stay elsewhere.
    What you cannot do is use a pool of a hotel you are not staying at(again in most cases).
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    toffeentom wrote: »

Thanks in advance

hi
    as others have said about the resort fees and the front page ,if you dont mind my saying take i.d with you and esp your daughter! she d need it to gamble and to drink the booze - if she chooses to ! I was early 30's when i first went to vegas in 2014 , never got asked once ,neither did my brother (was like 26 at the time ). 2nd trip in 2015 i got asked twice for i.d- my brother whom looks way younger than me never got asked once! and our last trip 2016 i got asked twice again and my brother? got asked once !..so better to be safer than sorry .
    As for a must do it depends what you both enjoy .A few ideas..
    the vegas sign,
    the high roller ( think the london eye but in vegas!), freemont street (downtown) My brother and i did the mob museum and then went over to freemont street which was like 5mins easy walk. The bellagio water fountains which is like a water show outside the hotel and its really good (and free to watch !)
    There are plenty of shows also but again it depens what you both enjoy , maybe google whats on in september?
    hope this helps
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    I think nearly all strip hotels charge a daily resort fee if that is what you were referring to snip ..........

Thanks Jones, I am aware but just giving tofeentoms an idea of what the extras will be.

I know resort fees are a sore point of discussion and I was reading recently some of the hotels may be increasing to 50 a night.

I recently stayed off strip and they charged 5 a night and that included strip and airport shuttle, I wouldn't recommend staying at that location for the duration of a trip though;)
  • pebblesmax
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    I recently stayed off strip and they charged 5 a night and that included strip and airport shuttle, I wouldn't recommend staying at that location for the duration of a trip though;)

Do tell where you stayed. I’m interested.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure