IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting a query off board

Options

Comments

• Jerseymonkey
    Options
    I said I didn't have the letter with me - there's no need to be so aggressive. No - I don't want to go to court because what I was given is untrue, which is why I was wanting to understand the court process. If there is a chance that they will look at the letter I have been given by the manager (because his predecessor repeatedly and deliberately misled me, as well as others by the sounds of it) and it not end up in court it's worth me continuing- if not I'll just pay up. Sounds like paying up is probably the best course in this circumstance despite the unfairness.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Before you decide, check who it say to pay?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Whether this results in an actual court hearing is likely to depend more on who the parking company is rather than a Gladstones letter, that may well have been sent by DRP.

1. Please tell us who the parking company is.

2. Does the reference number on the Gladstones letter commence 1xxxx, or 3xxxx?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The problem you have is that you refer to your evidence being untrue and you want help on here.

This forum has a reputation for being good guys who will use all our knowledge to help motorists get off these PPC swingeing charges. We really don't need any PPCs claiming on their web sites that we have colluded with a known untruth that comes out in court.

So, sorry, at least from me.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,071 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 September 2017 at 5:56PM
    Options
    I really think with all the cloak and dagger surrounding these posts it will be very difficult for the regulars to provide much in the way of assistance.

This is a forum to fight back at unfair scamming tactics, excessive charges, and in some cases the downright lies and deceit used by many PPC's.

None of the regulars condone lying or bilking etc but you really aren't giving much to go on.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    .... No - I don't want to go to court because what I was given is untrue, which is why I was wanting to understand the court process. If there is a chance that they will look at the letter I have been given by the manager (because his predecessor repeatedly and deliberately misled me, as well as others by the sounds of it) and it not end up in court it's worth me continuing- if not I'll just pay up. Sounds like paying up is probably the best course in this circumstance despite the unfairness.
    If you have an issue with a company (ie the employer of this manager who mislead you), then take it up with them.

Forget using this lying letter in your defence!
  • Jerseymonkey
    Options
    Thanks. The reference starts with a 3 and it's Premier Park. Are they likely to offer me the chance to pay the reduced price (i.e. The charge I would have paid if I'd paid promptly) before they actually progress to court (it seems they do go to court from other forum posts)? I parked by mistake (premises had changed hands and I hadn't noticed) and when I went to check was told by the manager that he'd cancel the fine - I'd have paid the initial charge willingly, he offered to do this without me asking. my objection is to the additional £75 that I incurred because the manager lied repeatedly . The company was completely unhelpful (unfortunately I did it all in person so have no written proof) and the new manager gave me a letter that would theoretically get me off the hook because he saw I'd been treated unfairly and wanted to do something to help. It's frustrating as i would have just paid up if I hadn't been told it would be cancelled, instead it's costing an extra £75 and a lot of stress.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,328 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Edit your post to remove information about who did what. Never ever say who parked. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper who are two different people.

Do this NOW.

It is not a fine.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Are they likely to offer me the chance to pay the reduced price
    Why on earth are you even thinking of paying it? You really need to read the thread at the top of the page. It's the one that tells Newbies to read it first. Seriously, this is all covered in that thread.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    None of your reasons for wanting to 'pay early’ will wash with them, so don’t even open that conversation!

As the reference number begins with a 3xxxx, this is at debt collector stage, using Gladstone headed paper. It can be ignored.

Other than sending a cheque for the full amount currently being sought (and no one here will recommend that), you’re just going to have to wait and see what Premier Park's next move is.

Come back then for further help.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport