IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting a query off board

Options
Hi, I have a query which I'd really like to ask someone in a pm as it could be problematic if DRP read it. Would anyone who really knows what they're talking about in terms of cases going to court? It's a slightly unique case and would be easily identifiable. I've read loads of threads and not found an answer that helps. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Have you seen this about ignoring DRP?:-

READ THIS BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD ABOUT ROSSENDALES or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,086 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DRP and court are you serious?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 September 2017 at 8:55PM
    Options
    Soliciting contact off-board isn't on and it's a recognised breach of the T&Cs. You should also disabuse yourself of the idea that your case is any different to anyone else with a PPC invoice as actual fact means very little to them.

It's also important for this board as PPCs do try to single certain posters out for mistreatment.

Simple care with not disclosing identifiable details should see you OK - and yes, all debt collectors are the same and fully covered in the Newbies Sticky.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,911 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jerseymonkey, be very careful with any PMs you might now receive.

It/they could possibly be from the very people you would rather not disclose the details to.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Beware pm's from posters with less than thousands of posts. Their agenda is not our agenda.

Lord knows why anyone is concerned about DRPlus. Not even sure they can read...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jerseymonkey
    Options
    I probably wasn't clear - it's actually the solicitor (Gladwells or whoever it is - not got the letter with me, right address though) I'm concerned about. Considering court - being very broad, I've been put in a situation not of my own making. I have evidence which would stand up in court... but it's not true - the manager of the facility has lied to back me up because of the situation I've been put in by a previous manager. I need to understand the process if they do pursue, because I don't fancy being done for peverting the course of justice! Do the solicitors actually read the evidence before they proceed to court and kick things out on merit before starting the legal proceedings, or do they just take a batch accepting they're going to lose? And if proceedings start can you still pay so you don't go to court?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    or do they just take a batch accepting they're going to lose?

This one
    it's actually the solicitor (Gladwells or whoever it is

Is it? Who does it say to pay?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    it's actually the solicitor (Gladwells or whoever it is

Would that be Gladstones? You need to get a grip on this and take it seriously or you could land up in deep doo doo. Accuracy is a sine qua non.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    ....... I have evidence which would stand up in court... but it's not true - the manager of the facility has lied to back me up because of the situation I've been put in by a previous manager. I need to understand the process if they do pursue, because I don't fancy being done for peverting the course of justice! Do the solicitors actually read the evidence before they proceed to court.......

You cannot really be expecting to win a court case based on your evidence being a pack of lies???
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Are you sure its actually Gladstones, and not DRP? The letter telling you who to pay is the big clue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure