Wetherspoons - quicker to order at the bar or app?

Options

Comments

• Ali2000
    Ali2000 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I'd say app all the time, it is quicker and you dont have to stand waiting at the bar. Just make sure you put the right table number in :laugh:
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    At the fox on the hill (Denmark Hill) the app tends to be quicker when it's busy. Sometimes they put on more bar staff when there's a queue though at bar service is fast.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Zinger549
    Zinger549 Posts: 1,308 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Used the app the other week to order food + drinks. Found the app quite easy to use. Someone wanted beans instead of peas with there order but couldn't seem to do it. He had to go to the bar and order his. Can only order regular beers not able to choose guest ales. It seemed to take to get our food than normal although it was a Friday night so pub was busy.
    Come on you Irons
  • dawid1914
    Options
    deffo app, used to work there when it got busy we'd call up the head office and request them to turn it off for the evening as it really took its toll on the bar.
  • crispy_duck
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    Umm surely as I can customise my order at the bar, Why did you not think of this when developing the app. Bad IT.

It's not "Bad IT" - the people developing the app don't sit there deciding what features to add to the app themselves - they are given a list of requirements for the app. If the lack of ability to make subsitutions in the app is a problem, it's a problem with the people in the business who decide what features the app should have.
  • leesa_fairy
    Options
    It depends what pub I'm in, some are great with the app others are not. Some don't allow the app.

We ordered a drink at one in the NEC Birmingham but it never arrived so enquired at the bar who told us last orders had already been called and their tills were off. They said they would refund my friend but couldn't print a refund receipt as the tills were off...it was 5.50pm on a Sunday and there were still 50 people easily in the pub!
  • Askalaba
    Askalaba Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've had this debate with my friends so many times. I'd say

Food - quicker using the app
    Drink - quicker going to the bar (as long as it's not insanely busy)
    Absolutely love a good bargain. If anybody has any money saving tips please send them my way :j
  • diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Heard someone saying they use the app and paypal as the payment doesnt go out straight away. If you are that skint should you be in a pub?
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Askalaba wrote: »
    I've had this debate with my friends so many times. I'd say

Food - quicker using the app
    Drink - quicker going to the bar (as long as it's not insanely busy)

But couldn't you just order a fresh round of drinks on the app, when you still have about a third or half of your existing drinks left?
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If I'm on my own I'm a big fan of the app when ordering food in a busy pub, especially airports, as you would lose your table by time you got back from the bar. For drinks I would normally go to the bar as you get the full choice of guest ales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure