PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today, still heavy with cold/sore throat, I've grazed my way through:

Breakfast: sausages, scrambled eggs, beans and spicy bubble/squeak (should've been hash browns, but didn't have any, so grabbed B&S instead)

6-8 cocktail sausages, picked randomly from the fridge in passing, 1-2 at a time.

A cheese/salad cream & crisp sandwich; then the rest of the crisps.

Two egg custard tarts, about 2 hours apart.

3-4 sweeties

I think that's it... worra piggy wiggy.
    :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    They say feed a cold and starve a fever PN so you're just being a sensible girl!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon PN I always think summer colds are worse than winter ones when the air is hot and stuffy already the last thing you need is your head to be the same.

I do the same thing with cocktail sausages in the fridge too :D

JIL fab idea about the honey and lemon ice cream, if they don't make it, they should.

Well I have spent all day paying for one too many drinkies last night :o honestly even my teeth hurt with the headache, I didn't even drink that much by my standards (well not enough to induce such a horrific hangover) but that will teach me...until next time :o

consequently today has been spent malingering in bed doing nothing of what I had planned. In my defence, it's been the first time in a long time I've been able to do that and we're now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel to a rather stressful building episode that has been going on over a year (got stung by a builder who wasn't up to the job last year and now have a lovely landscaping company in fixing it all) so perhaps it was just my body needing a rest.

Anyway, OH has treated us to an Indian takeaway which should be due imminently...it is both breakfast, lunch and dinner for me :D
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They say feed a cold and starve a fever PN so you're just being a sensible girl!

That's my "defence" :)

I'm sure many people eat as much as that in a day ... BETWEEN meals... so I don't actually feel "guilty".

I cannot be food-shamed as I'm too dense to take in what anybody trying to do so would be posting at me :)
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We went out today, Had to pay for parking but if you spent £5 in the big supermarket you got your £1 refunded. I have the shopping app so I bought two soups. (Made me think of Julie Walters as I typed that) and a vegetable biryani.
    Got my £1 back and put in for soup refund.
    So for tea we had biryani, and from freezer, Indian snacks, Dahl, chicken Balti and nan bread. Quick and easy.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DS2 and I ended up getting a Chinese last night, Wish I hadn't bothered, it was so sweet I couldn't eat it, this low carbing malarkey does change your taste buds. DH came home around 11 (lightweight) a little worse for wear and polished off the leftovers :D

Today BBQ beef burgers with salad for me, corn on the cob and jacket potato's for the chaps.

I did also make a huge frittata yesterday for work lunches and snacks.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Too hot for being in the kitchen but not at the moment so I'm making a vat of minestrone soup, have cooked some chicken pieces and will make a rice salad for later and that my friends is about all I can face in this infernal heat!!!
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    DS2 and I ended up getting a Chinese last night, Wish I hadn't bothered, it was so sweet I couldn't eat it, this low carbing malarkey does change your taste buds. DH came home around 11 (lightweight) a little worse for wear and polished off the leftovers :D

Today BBQ beef burgers with salad for me, corn on the cob and jacket potato's for the chaps.

I did also make a huge frittata yesterday for work lunches and snacks.

My brother in law has pretty well cut out salt and drastically changed the way he eats after a high blood pressure/health scare, and we got a Chinese takeaway last time they came (their request as they live abroad and can't normally get it, not us being thoughtless! :o), and he just couldn't eat any of it as it tasted so salty it disgusted him

Salad today, and I'm going to make a fennel and walnut one but might be eating that one on my own :rotfl:
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Tonight we'll be having hm quiche, ham, new potatoes, hm coleslaw and salad from the garden.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I have just braved the supermarket, nearly climbed into the freezers for a quick nap, its soooo hot out. Picked up lots of picky bits like salad, tapas, drumsticks and some quiche. Yes I know i could roast a chuck myself and make quiche but the kitchen (whole house) is a bit of a tip ATM thanks to the garden works (stuff just gets trailed in) and TBH, I'm too hot to spend much time cooking anything.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport