IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCBL: telling me I have a ccj I don’t have.?

Options

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    Options
    I expect you have to pay when you go to the court to start this action , many people who receive benefits from GOV will get dispensation
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Send a cheque or crossed postal order to your local court with the N244 and WS & draft order.

Or take it in person and pay by card.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Donowl1981
    Donowl1981 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Have received a set aside date for this case for next month at my local court.
    A couple of quick questions if anyone can help:

DCBL have sent another letter saying they will now apply to the court for an enforcement notice to recover the debt. Will they still be able to do this even though there is a set aside date set?

Excel sent a notice to me informing me that they won’t be represented by BW Legal and Will instead be represented by someone who is a manager at Excel. Is this relevant?

Thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Did you ask for enforcement proceedings to be put on hold pending the outcome of the set aside request on your form applying for the set aside?
  • Donowl1981
    Options
    I did, I stated this in the court order, just don!!!8217;t have a lot of faith in the admin side of the legal system working to help me out!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So you supplied a draft order.
    That was just the suggestion that you hoped the court would adopt.

What did/does the actual order look like that the court sent out?
  • Quentin
    Options
    If you have a solicitor involved get them to contact the claimant regarding this.

If not DIY!
  • Donowl1981
    Options
    What I received from the court was titled: Notice of set aside judgement and seems to be basically telling me where and when to go . They have also sent copies of all the stuff I sent them stamped by the court.
  • Quentin
    Options
    Does any of the docs the court sent to both sides have mention of enforcement proceedings?
  • Donowl1981
    Options
    Only where I have stated it in the order.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure