Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• lucywillow
    lucywillow Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Not posted for a while but I have been reading along & keeping up the fabbing.

Just wanted to wish Lessonlearned a very happy birthday. Hope you have a lovely day.
    :beer::D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 6 July 2018 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Thank you Lucy. Just having a quiet day. Went for my acupuncture trearment this morning. It does knock me about so I will just rest. I can "do"my birthday another time.

I have started my acupuncture and I have been feeling rather rough this week, very weepy and emotional. Apparently this is a good sign.....also my neck, shoulder and chest pain has been awful. Told the doctor and he was delighted. Apparently this shows that my body is responding well to,the treatment. Apparently it's called "a healing crisis" a bit like the flu feeling you get when you detox.

Actually my knees do feel a lot easier. He said the fibro will take a bit longer.

I was unprepared for the emotional deluge but given that fibro is usually caused by prolonged periods of stress then I shouldn't have been surprise. Suppressing our emotions does us no good. It might get us through the crisis but it can stir up long term health problems.

No baby yet. A couple of false alarms. DIL has been seen at the hospital a couple of times but each time the contractions have stopped and she has been sent home. She had a scan on Wednesday and all is well. If she doesn't go into proper labour by next Thursday she will be induced.

Poor girl is getting fed up.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday LL.:T How come I forgot that??:o

Sorry to hear you're a bit under the weather. You too sugarbaby:). Interesting to hear that Wayne is back on the scene. Well fancy that!:D

Floss wrote: »
    Moll have you walked any of the Thames Path? If you do the very endy bit you could visit the Barrier or how about a climb up the O2

I'd add the Regent's canal to that. We walked the bit from Little Venice to Camden Market then had a mooch round there at the quirky stalls and food places.

A friend has visited the restaurant Dans le noir where you eat in the dark.

https://london.danslenoir.com/en/the-restaurant/

Or have you tried that Emirates Air Line cable car that goes across the Thames?

DH isn't in my good books today.;) I've taken my car in to have the big scratch that he made repaired. The courtesy car is a tiny little Nissan Micra with no Air Con!:eek: The plus point is that, unlike my new car, it does have a handbrake!:rotfl:

On the fabbing front, I had my nails done yesterday afternoon. I've gone for a bright red fro a change from the burgundy I normally have. I also picked up a couple of things on offer that I use regularly. One is the Neutrogena Swedish Formula Body Lotion in Boots. I like this mainly because of the pump bottle which is so easy to use. Then, as my eyes get sore and itchy with the heat and air con (mainly on holiday) I bought some of the Optrex spray in Superdrug. I wanted to try the spray as I'm a real wimp with drops. :o

I have to go to a conference tomorrow which is due to finish at 4 p.m. but I'm hoping we can shorten the lunch break and get away to see/hear the football.

I bought a couple of dresses while I was away. Having failed to find anything I liked before I went, it was easier there as they sell dresses suitable for the heat. One is a brown linen one and the other is a more floaty one in muted greens. Both are sleeveless and very baggy! I'm planning to wear the brown one tomorrow with my gold colour Fit Flops. I'm juts loving this weather!:D
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy Birthday LL. Once you are feeling much better, you can put your thinking cap on and decide how you would like to celebrate.
  • Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    Moll have you walked any of the Thames Path? If you do the very endy bit you could visit the -thames-barrier-information-centre"]

Thanks Floss i dont think weve done that ,,,,,,,,,,,,, weve walked under the tunnel at Greenwich to the other side of the Thames , but thats all . Thanks for this one , Weve seen them walk up the O2 , but i dont think my friend would be able to do it unfortunatley .,although she did do a zip wire last year , but that does it for you if you know what i mean , no effort involved

Been a busy day today , first day of our 3 day Gala ,,,,,,,,, LOTS of work in this heat putting the last of the stalls up , and it kicked off at 5pm , with all the bands playing , tomorrow is the big day , where the we walk with the floats , Ive payed for the marching band that will lead the carnival in memory of my Mum who passed away . she used to love the marching bands, so it will be a bit emotional too
  • Moll
    Options
    happy birthday LL . Hopefully the acupuncture will help and youll be able to enjoy a belated birthday xx Sending a hug ,

Good News My DD went for the extra baby scan today and they still say all is well thank goodness . They did say it "Could" be a big baby, ( Wonder if that indicates a boy ,i have 3 little grandaughters)

Maman wow not heard of an eating place like that , might try that one , weve done the Emirates cable cars , but id love to do that again , we always go the same time of year so the weather is good , and the views are amazing . and i dont think weve ever done the Regents canal so will have a look at that too , thankyou ......we enjoy simple stuff , our favourite pastime is collecting sea glass , bring it home , put it in a glass jar with some fairy lights , and it looks lovely and gives me happy memories for no cost , One year we went looking for lamp posts ?????? yes lamp posts, some that was used in the war , for hiding secret messages , it was fun to find them . and we get plenty of walking exersize , so im hoping to shed a few pounds when im there
  • Moll
    Options
    been enjoying everyones posts
    Good News My DD went for the extra baby scan today and they still say all is well thank goodness . They did say it "Could" be a big baby, ( Wonder if that indicates a boy ,i have 3 little grandaughters)
    Been a busy day today , first day of our 3 day Gala ,,,,,,,,, LOTS of work in this heat putting the last of the stalls up , and it kicked off at 5pm , with all the bands playing , tomorrow is the big day , where the we walk with the floats , Ive payed for the marching band that will lead the carnival in memory of my Mum who passed away . she used to love the marching bands, so it will be a bit emotional too, we have about a 2 mile walk around the village so ill definitely get my exersize tomorrow . lord knows i need to shift a few pounds.
  • lessonlearned
    edited 7 July 2018 at 7:44AM
    Options
    Good morning everyone......

I am up with the larks this morning. It's nice.

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. I enjoyed my day even if I wasn't on top form. I rested and actually slept most of the afternoon and then just pottered about. I think more of the same today, just take it easy and of course watch England.....I have been invited to a BBQ this evening. I'll see how I feel later.

I can celebrate properly next week. I already have some treats planned. Plus of course my "present" will be due any day now, if not during the week then, if DIL is going to be induced on Thursday, then certainly by next weekend. By this time next weekend Alex should be here.....

One thing I will say, my knees are so much better and I am starting to feel some improvement in my neck and shoulders.

As well as all the lifting and transfers required caring for my husband I have had two car crashes during the last 5 years (not my fault, honest:rotfl:) and then that fall during the storm at sea earlier this year. I think those injuries have just never healed properly, there is a lot of inflammation and stiffness there so I am really hoping to see some improvements. Then hopefully I can get to grips with some yoga or pilates. And I really want to be able to go dancing.

I had the survey back for my proposed house purchase. Whilst the report isn't too damming there seems to be rather more remedial works required than I had hoped for. Oh well I will just have to take my time, if I do the work slowly it will help keep costs down rather than going it it bull at a gate. It will be nice to have a project I can sink my teeth into.

I love the sound of "unseen London" so many great ideas and interesting things to see and do. I think it is great if you can get away from the obvious tourist things and discover the real beating heart of a city. And often it costs far less than sticking to the same old tourist traps, as well as avoiding all the crowds.

Britain is so lovely and there are quite a few places on my must see and do list. You may remember I have already booked for a holiday in Icleland next year. Well that will be my big one but, if possible, I would like a couple of mini breaks in England. I though I might try a couple of coach trips.

Anyway time to start the day.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend .......and fingers crossed for England. :)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Not been reading for a few days - so catch-up time.

LL - had you thought of "Journey's End" as a housename maybe? - or is it not hobbity enough.

I'm watching your acupuncture journey with interest - have been wondering about acupressure (free - as I could do it myself and no needles) for weight loss. Been scanning YouTube and found videos/made notes. I think the one I "fancy" most might be the most practical - only 2 pressure points to remember (one of them being 45 minutes worth - but it can be done in segments throughout the day on the one hand) v. it wouldnt "take any time" so to say if I do it during watching any tv programme I have in mind anyway iyswim.

Managed to get myself into a daily routine of that nail massage I mentioned earlier in the thread (for my hair) and have now added in 5 minutes scalp massage and 5 minutes eyebrow massage (with castor oil/coconut oil) and fingers crossed. I don't think anyone else notices my hair isn't as thick as it was (well - they wouldnt would they - as I moved here a few years ago:rotfl:) - as it's thick enough, but I want it "back to normal".

Will be swopping hairdresser again soon - for the 4th time since moving here and they are so popular that I've not been able to book a first appointment with them until about 3 months after I rang:eek: and they're blimmin' expensive compared to what I've been used to paying. But, if they do my hair in a "normal" (as far as I'm concerned) haircut it will be worth it. Just trying not to think about how tatty my hair might go whilst I'm "waiting it out" for my first appointment with them. But I'm very conscious I see a lot of "cookie cutter - hairdresser only seems to know a couple of haircuts" and/or "helmet hair" haircuts here - so it's worth waiting and paying (quite a bit) extra if I can get my haircut back to normal (ie a good haircut - meant for me personally and not 'every other customer' the hairdresser gets in).
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Journeys End....it has been considered and discarded....a bit too "God's Waiting Room" for my liking. :rotfl:

Acupressure..... I haven't heard of that for weight loss. But it's worth a try isn't it. Well done on your routines, baby steps little and often. It's all about consistency.

Well done England......:T:T.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport