Poll : What do you think of the NEW LOOK MSE

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Back in the old version, I can see two previous posts, but actually there is a fair amount of padding in them too, because the left-hand side user info is taller than some posts.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I hate the new look forum & want to change back. I can't find the user CP, please help!
    Just noticed that my details on the left says I've only made 3 posts. I know my posts are in the thousands, as I've been a member since 2006.
    Done it, changed it back.
    Thank god. Please get rid of this new design, it's horrible.

You seem to have two usernames. One with a small a and one with a capital A

Maybe that's the confusion??
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    Back in the old version, I can see two previous posts, but actually there is a fair amount of padding in them too, because the left-hand side user info is taller than some posts.

Yeah, some of us commented on that back when they asked us for ideas of how to improve the layout. :whistle:
    Did they listen?
    Did they heck!
    They just went ahead with their ghastly 'new' design.
    Still, we thought, they are allowing us to continue using the old one and they've promised not to alter it.
    Yeah, right.
    They've now added those daft little coloured circles enclosing a bad approximation of the number of posts and length of time as a member.
    You know, the information that is already being displayed on the left hand side accurately.
    So consequently, the LHS is now larger than it was before, and the amount of wasted space (for short to medium length posts) is increased further.
    Great ... :(
  • ailey
    ailey Posts: 3,184 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

User CP-Control Panel-scroll to the bottom of the page-Forum Version-Forum Manager-Manage Version-Old Version.

I really dislike the new look.

Thank you so much for this information. Just changed it back so hopefully it will now stop flipping between old and new. I hate the new version so much. I couldn't even see quickly how to thank people so many people will not bother, I'd imagine. The new version kept logging me out so every time I went to send a message or changed threads, I had to log back in......was soooo annoying and time consuming!

Thanks again. :T
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If moderators moderate, you would have thought that they'd reported back that the new design was less favourable with those people that have helped make the website what it is today. Hiding behind "they'll get used to the new design" or "no-one likes change" isn't good enough.

They did it with hotukdeals and that too caused an uproar and many people left.

It certainly begs the question "why do they do it?".
  • chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How come this rose to the top again? The last post was in 2016.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chesky wrote: »
    How come this rose to the top again? The last post was in 2016.
    Because MSE thought it was a good idea that, if someone found an old, dead thread and thought it would be fun to click on the poll, that thread should immediately rise to the top.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5693414
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport