Hospital

Options

Comments

• shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have to disagree with daveboy's comments even though I once thought the same about the NHS.I recently suffered an early miscarriage and our local NHS hospital was brilliant.The nurses were excellent and so was my care.I even got a side room to myself so I had some privacy because of why I was there.It was a traumatic time (and not one I want to repeat hopefully!)but the nurses were very nice and had time to chat if i needed to.

Aside from that.....getting back to the thread.I was only in 2 days but couldn't read a book as the noise around me was to off putting,I couldn't concentrate.Magazines are better.Also I wish I had took my cross stitch kit with me as the light in hospital is great for stitching.Other than that use the time to relax and hope you get on ok and have a speedy recovery.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    160, hope all goes well for you :-* :)
    Bulletproof
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    used to do cross stitch before the kids came along, that is def worth a try. and i hope i won't be a pain to the staff. but who knows. thanks.
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    have spent the best part of the last fortnight in hospital visiting mum and can vouch for the tweezers idea - the long hours waiting for her to come back from surgery and the great light have given me a complete eyebrow overhaul ;)

take the opportunity to read a newspaper each day, read through the money diet (again) and also rest and recuperate. ten days seems like a long time but I bet at least two of them will see you out for the count or having tests and things and waiting aorund for porters, and the rest will be full of medication and rest and queueing for the showers.

and as for the negative comment about the nhs - ignore it. my local nhs trust have acted amazingly quickly with my mum and the care she has received has really impressed us. aftercare of your wound has pretty much been covered here already - but I would reinforce that you check with the surgeon or the registrar before applying anything
    Blah
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mm, with the pain relief i should be on, mite manage the eyebrow overhaul.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I go in tomorrow, thanks again for all your tips, just been reading them again to make sure i not forgot anything.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    good luck 160 we will be thinking of you tomorrow ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How long are you expected to be in for 160? I will be thinking of you too!! :-*
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Hope all goes well.

Get well soon ;)
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sending good vibes to you. Hope all goes well and that you'll soon be back to normal (whatever that is). You'll be missed. Good luck and takemcare (or let them take good care of you). You've had a tough year - let's hope things will pick up soon.

Much love.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport