Hospital

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    To be honest, i appreciated the rest. :-[ It gave me loads of space and thinking time.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i will probably enjoy the break, and could do with some time to myself. is just a bit scary.
  • AUSTIN_3
    AUSTIN_3 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    I was in for a week before my little boy was removed(not even breech-sideways!!!!) and I asked friends if I could borrow books, I took my tweezers and gave myself a complete eyebrow overhaul, charity shops are fantastic for really cheap books. If any of your children have a gameboy-they prob have tetris-totally addictive-whatever age. If only you had a PC-you could surf on this website all day.

Maybe you could make meal plans for a few months ahead..you could write your christmas cards, you could write to our girls and boys in the gulf-I am sure that they would appreciate somebody taking the time to write to them. The agony aunt in the sun has addresses.

Hope this helps, if you are in the portsmouth area I have loads of Lesley Pearce books, jane green (and the money diet!!!)
    If you are near, email and I will lend you them.

Hope all goes well, Shellxxxxx
    I'm a lady, I like ladies things
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Make sure you REST when you come home. Sometimes it's difficult, I know.
    I've had several big ops - all before keyhole stuff so have a midriff like Clapham Junction - or more like a failed magician's sawn in half woman :-/
    Although I love reading I have always found I can't settle to it in hospital so I usually flip through magazines instead.
    Good luck anyway - we'll miss hearing from you while you're out of action. :'(
  • md123
    md123 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you enjoy reading try your local library. My library sells old paperback books for 30p and hard backs for 50p. Cheaper than any of the charity shops which are near me.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    unfortunatley shell i live right up north, so thanks for the offer but is a bit far to come and borrow them. i will do the making lists for meals.

Jaybee, my midriff is like yours by sound of it, two scars to date and a third coming up. my daughter says its like one of three year olds drawings.

will be so busy doing all your ideas time'll fly by, although i'll miss chatting in here more than anything (apart from the kids).

lots of love 160
  • Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    When I was in having my C section for my baby I was in almost heaven when I found out the tv systems they have in hospital has internet access, only to be down in the mouth when I found out there was a fault in the system so they weren't in use.

That was at the beginning of the year, so the systems may have been sorted out by now. The internet system seems to be part of the handset, you lift the flap at the back and a keyboard opens up.

Might be worth finding out.

I agree with the others, Christmas cards and present lists are a good time waster. Not sure where abouts the scar is to be but if it is below the belly button you might benefit from Mava Knickers, they are mesh knickers which are sold via the NCT, meant for C sections. They worked a treat for me, and the midwife said I had one of the best recovering scars going! Not the most attractive but stops your normal pants digging in, and actually very comfortable, and I delayed going back to my normal set for weeks because they were so comfy! Anyway, enough about my undies...

I didn't wash or bath the scar in anything other than water for the first few weeks and then progressed on non perfumed bath oil (Simple) and to rubbing in bio oil. Sadly I still have a saggy pouch, but then I am comforting myself that it is the war wound I should expect with a baby! But the scar is disappearing slowly.

Good luck with the op and hope the recovery goes well.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you want things to heal quickly, a good suggestion may be not to use an NHS hospital.

Like you said, it'll be done IF there is a bed.
  • crana9
    crana9 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    you could try getting one of the craft magazines that has a little free kit on the front - the cross stitch ones would be especially good - it's not hard to pick up, will absorb you for a few hours and you get something useful at the end of it :)

the magazines are usually about £3 which includes the kit, but you can get cheaper back copies of the magazines or just the small kits on ebay.

regarding going to the library - check with the hospital as lots have their own library trolleys that come round!

you could of course be like some of the people in the hospital i work in and decide to pass your time by dreaming esoteric and complicated demands to bombard the staff with just when they are in the middle of something else!! ::)
    They call me Mr Pig!
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    After my second c-section, the wound got all red and inflammed. My midwife recommended a witch hazel gel. I think it was called Witch Doctor. I got it from Boots.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure