Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• mrs_potato_head
    Options
    Hi,
    Hoping someone on here will know - (I’m an online member, and the sw chat isn’t working today). Do we now get 2 x HE A’s on EE AND SP days? Has anyone found this affecting their losses? First week of the change in plan for me!

Many thanks in advance
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Welcome to the newbies :wave:
    Thanks for the chart Chris:T:Twell done gottodothisnow on SOTW:T:T
    Mrs potato head, i am sure its 2 hex a 1 heb on sp days, i dont do them so not checked it out.
    No one would be able to tell if the 2 hexa helps or hinders at the moment as only just started:D
    EDIT just checked, yes 2 a 1 b and only 10 syns
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs Potato Head - As Bubbs said it's 2 HEA and 1 HEB on both EE and SP plans and 15 Syns on EE and only 10 syns on SP.

My consultant has done a full week on the new plan prior to it being launched and still had a loss - not know how much but she said it was a loss. Suspect it was a small one as, like me, she is at target so tends not to lose much each week.

The reduction to 10 syns makes me even less likely to do SP then previously! Only ever do the odd day here and there and usually unintentionally, as like my carbs too much to do it often.

Denise
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 December 2018 at 3:13PM
    Options
    Hello strangers, hope you've all had a lovely Christmas! As you know I've struggled and struggled with SW the last couple of years. Being without a permanent job and unable to run due to injury, among other things, have contributed to a plummeting self-esteem and soaring weight. It's all interlinked of course and while I still haven't secured a job, I do feel ready for a fresh start for the new year. I'm at my highest ever weight (I keep surpassing myself on this front :o), but I've worked out that a 5lb loss per month would put me at a happy weight next Christmas - that seems reasonable doesn't it?

Much as I would like to start from tomorrow, realistically there's still to much picky food in the house to use up (halloumi and chorizo :p), so I'll be back on plan 100% from Wednesday. Chris please would you put me down for 10lbs for the challenge?

I've had a brief look at the new plan and I welcome an extra A choice because I always max mine out on milk in my coffee, so it'll be nice to be able to have some grated cheese on my pasta in future! But how is this being offset? I know muller lights now have a syn value, but are there any other big changes I should be aware of? Or just double check everything until I get readjusted..?
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back Tete.

Definitely double check everything. Have you got the new books? If not I'd suggest rejoining, even if it's only to get them.

Don't know if you are aware but halloumi can be used as HEA - 35g for standard and 45g for Light halloumi. Chorizo is quite high at 14 syns per 100g but I tend to use 25g between 2 of us when I'm cooking with it so syns aren't too bad.

If you do the SP days you now only get 10 syns are quite a lot of beans and peas, included baked beans in tomato sauce are just Free now and not Protein.

Good luck on getting back on plan and I think weight loss target over the year is very realistic and you could easily reach that target earlier than next Christmas.

Denise
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Thanks for the info Denise - that is good to know about halloumi - that can go back on the regular menu now!

I don't tend to do SP days, I just get too hungry. I have rejoined online, just need to print the info off as I find it all a bit much to digest on the screen. I believe spaghetti hoops are no longer free either which is a bit of a blow!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon everyone on the last day of 2018! Welcome to newbies absentees and regulars alike. Thanks for the new thread, Chris. Depending on Fridays weigh in I may set a target again and join the challenge.

Just some bits and pieces to eat up from Christmas now although I confess to buying some more blue stilton today...well it was half price. Can it be used as a HEA anyone??? If not I'll just have it sparingly :D

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and lighter New Year!_party_
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been an occasional member here over the years but I am determined that this year is the year I finally get to target. ChrisV can you put me down for 7lbs please for the challenge (I don't want to push myself too hard!)

Easing myself back into "normal" life (e.g. going to work rather than lounging on the sofa all day) with simple food for today:

B - Porridge (HEB and HEA), frozen strawberries and blueberries
    L - Leftover Turkey Curry (turkey, chopped tomatoes, onion, peppers, spices), rice
    D - Stir Fry Vegetables with terriyaki sauce (1.5 syns), wholewheat noodles
    S - Mince Pie (10.5 syns - they need eating!)
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • bubbs
    Options
    Welcome back tete and ruby :D
    esmy no stilton is not hexa its roughly 5 syns for 25g
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Today i have had
    egg wraps with sausage 1 syn and bacon with beetroot and tom on the side for speed
    Tea i am having steak, picture later :D
    hexa milk
    hexb ......dunno
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure