Blue Badge and PIP

Options

Comments

• Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My bad. I missed a few words out ... What I meant to say is .. If the LA's assessment report can be obtained and sent (and that was done to the PIP mobility rules, as many are) then the mobility part of PIP could potentially be paper based.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Rodders53 wrote: »
    My bad. I missed a few words out ... What I meant to say is .. If the LA's assessment report can be obtained and sent (and that was done to the PIP mobility rules, as many are) then the mobility part of PIP could potentially be paper based.
    I have never heard of part paper based assessment...
  • Cyclamen
    Cyclamen Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I see no harm in blu badge evidence off.. its another indication that your mobility isn't great

buspass.. i wonder how far your nearest bus stop is? they could draw conclusions. I have a disabled bus pass and have used it 3 times in about 9 years as its blooming hard work... so i would think about sending that off.
  • LimeLight
    LimeLight Posts: 8,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I showed my blue badge at my pip assessment and the assessor looked shocked.

Got me the 8 points for the standard mobility component
    just passing through.... Nothing to see....
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    I have never heard of part paper based assessment...

I've had one paper based, though that was for pip change if circumstances when I went part time and started m.s. medicine.
    Wasn't too bad at all though quite a bit of writing the form which I done as best as possible.
    One follow up call received to go over what I had completed and resulted in another call advising care had gone up and mobility stayed stanaderd with 8 points to continue my blue badge -(which is essential wheb I drive at all including work 3 days/week)
    The papers based and phone call experience felt less uncomfortable than previous interview based assessments.
    Good luck OP
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Giantdaz74
    Options
    Got my assessment tomorrow so going to take my BB, hopefully it will help sway things my way if not then i've not lost owt by taking it.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Giantdaz74 wrote: »
    Got my assessment tomorrow so going to take my BB, hopefully it will help sway things my way if not then i've not lost owt by taking it.
    Don't be surprised if they refuse to accept any further evidence you have on the day. This happen to me twice and many other people too.

Good luck for tomorrow.
  • QuackQuackOops
    Options
    Blue Badge would have no bearing whatsoever because local authorities are all different in how they assess. Some dont.

Assessors don't take them into consideration for that reason.
  • Giantdaz74
    Options
    Well the assessor accepted i had it and wrote a note so whether it holds any sway i shall wait and see.

On a side note i had the assessment on Friday so when should i request a copy of the report, how long does it take to get to the DWP?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Giantdaz74 wrote: »
    Well the assessor accepted i had it and wrote a note so whether it holds any sway i shall wait and see.

On a side note i had the assessment on Friday so when should i request a copy of the report, how long does it take to get to the DWP?
    Leave it about a week. If it's been returned by then they'll send you a copy if you live in the UK. They won't send a copy out until both copies have been returned to DWP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure