Blue Badge and PIP

Options

Comments

• QuackQuackOops
    Options
    Giantdaz74 wrote: »
    Well the assessor accepted i had it and wrote a note so whether it holds any sway i shall wait and see.

On a side note i had the assessment on Friday so when should i request a copy of the report, how long does it take to get to the DWP?

The person who did your face to face may have taken a note of it, but the person who assesses your claim will disregard it.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The person who did your face to face may have taken a note of it, but the person who assesses your claim will disregard it.
    Totally confused by this comment. The HCP who does the assessment is the person who assesses the claim and writes the report with the recommendations. The report is then returned to DWP and a decision makes a decision heavily relying on the assessment report.

However, i do agree that a blue badge most likely won't help a PIP mobility claim.
  • micky2phones
    Options
    I think if you reapply for a BB they just check that you have the correct benefit to reissue one.

For the first BB they may in some areas need a Doctors Letter or have so kind of Medical Test you have to do.
  • Giantdaz74
    Options
    Well i got my assessment report back and was just wondering if the decision maker will definitely go with what the HP wrote?

I have 2 hearing aids which he refers to a couple of times but yet has marked down descriptor A rather than B - needs to use and aid or appliance to be able to speak or hear, surely that should have definitely been B?

If the decision maker agrees with the A can i appeal individual descriptors rather than the whole claim?

Thanks again
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    I think if you reapply for a BB they just check that you have the correct benefit to reissue one.

For the first BB they may in some areas need a Doctors Letter or have so kind of Medical Test you have to do.

There are two routes to a BB, which are completely separate to each other. The automatic route is if you're getting the correct benefits. If you don't get the benefits then you have to go through an assessment. Each council has it's own rules, but this is where medical assessments come into it.
    Well i got my assessment report back and was just wondering if the decision maker will definitely go with what the HP wrote?

I have 2 hearing aids which he refers to a couple of times but yet has marked down descriptor A rather than B - needs to use and aid or appliance to be able to speak or hear, surely that should have definitely been B?

If the decision maker agrees with the A can i appeal individual descriptors rather than the whole claim?

Thanks again

You have to appeal the whole claim. You'd have to explain why you think you meet different descriptors to the ones they decided on. The whole claim will be looked at again - you can't just appeal mobility, or just daily living. Awards can go up, down or stay the same.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • poppy12345
    Options

Thanks again
    You can dispute the descriptor but it's the whole award they look at as Ames has stated.

Does the report recommend an award? Will those 2 points make a difference to the award you may or may not get?
  • Giantdaz74
    Options
    Think it will be the difference between 10 or 12 points so yes could be, it's not that big an issue if i don't get the 2 points as i don't really want to go through another few months of waiting and stuff but just seems strange that i have 2 aids but have been described as can manage without aids.
    Guess i will wait and see if the DM picks it up and awards it 1st.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Usually they go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Is it just daily living recommendations or have you scored in the mobility part too?
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Correct and check your 'points' from pip as an example.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Giantdaz74
    Options
    I've probably got 4 points for mobility so more an issue with the daily living really.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure