PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How can i clean a leather suite / sofa

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• maradona10_2
    Options
    I bought a nice dark brown hard leather sofa a year ago, cleaned it reguarly with baby wipes, i noticed it had started to look worn so I decided to buy a nice soft throw to sit on to try and stop it getting ruined but the throw was a soft woolen one and when i took it off it had stuck to the sofa leaving behind all the little furry bits if you know what i mean, i have now tried everything to clean it but cannot get all the little sticky fur bits off, it looks ruined!!!! please does anyone know of any suggestions on how to clean it:eek:

Hi there,

I couldn't find a reply to this (dated 2006) and the user hasn't logged in in over a year.

I really want to know if there is anything that can be done to clean/remove fabric which has stuck to a leather sofa (I don't know what kind of leather it is).

I got this sofa recently and the previous user used a throw on it daily and at 3 spots (2 sitting cushions and 1 arm rest) there is fabrics which I can only presume are from the throw.

I cant get them off, albeit I am very reluctant to use just anything to clean it.

Something may have been spilled on it but he has not admitted to that :(

Hope someone can point me in the right (and hopefully cheap) direction.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • MicaelGlovre
    Options
    Methods that can be done by us.Vacuum in between sofa’s seat cushion, Select a cleaner, Dampen the cloth, Apply the cleaning product,Rinse the cloth in cleaning water, Rinse the sofa, Dry the sofa. Apply a small amount of toothpaste or hairspray to stains. If stains seems to be difficuilt to remove then call a professional. I bought leather sofa from coja sofa4life before 8 years. Still its having natural look.
  • Dawning
    Dawning Posts: 498 Forumite
    Options
    Fritters for tea, anyone? Reported
  • jessegee
    jessegee Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    I've just seen this, hope it will take greasy head stains off light tan leather , £15 from furniture clinic.

http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Degreaser.php?gclid=CjwKEAjw68ufBRDt0Zmrn4W_8AwSJADcjp1cBzMjA3StOtWqaElxQtBjUCDqMh7DpCAZczPoEYyXFRoCyZ3w_wcB
  • mardycow
    mardycow Posts: 120 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I too have been using saddle soap , the same tub i bought over 20 years ago. Sofa still looks good apart from a few cat scratches!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure