New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I do have a savings pot , I have been saving £70 a month for 10 months for everything birthdays , Christmas , mother and Father’s Day , new babies etc. I have got all my Christmas presents out of it . I left nov and Dec as an extra £70 towards Christmas and my birthday nights out . I am hoping I have enough for the few outings I am having . Just being over cautious as I don’t want to be using the one credit card I kept .
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could just set a temperature for the bath. And have someone to run it, set up the warm towels and candles, massage etc etc. Yes I am a lazy so and so.

I love being in water. When we were on holiday in the summer, the pool was my treat after a hard day house hunting. We were lucky enough to stay at a small adult only self catering apartment in the Spanish mountains.

Our dream property is about a quarter of a mile away and we would put in an infinity pool overlooking the marvelous view. I think we are more interested in the terrace and pool rather than the house. It's still for sale so only another three months until we can put in an offer.

Have you got ideas about how you will spend your Christmas budget?

Take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • System
    Options
    Pauline did you get to the library ?

I love water as well, hence my love for swimming and reading in the bath. When you get your house I am inviting myself to rent it , if you have an infinity pool.

Christmas is all done for me , just need to wrap everything up . Some flowers to buy on the 16th December for ex mil that's about it. Bought a few bits , biscuits 99p HB cadburys. Matchsticks love them. Chocolate orange , few sweets . Then I have Buck's Fizz , and wine that's me done.

I have visitors the weekend 1/3 Dec but we are out both nights for different events.

Enjoy the evening. Off to Manchester markets tomorrow with one of my best friends.
  • 117pauline
    Options
    I'm afraid not. But I did take the car to the garage this morning. I can do it if it is important but most of the time I just can't. However I had a phone consultation about getting some support with this on Tuesday so I'm now on the waiting list. I know the theories but I need someone to guide me through it again.

The property is a sealed shell. No Windows, doors, kitchen, bathroom, pipes, electric. It has been repossessed so we are hoping to put in a cheeky offer. If we could get it I would live there all the time. Up a mountain, owls for company, olives and almonds to eat!

I can not be bothered to cook a meal tonight so I think it will be toast.

Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • System
    Options
    I am having cottage cheese, crackers and tomatoes because they need using up , very lazy tonight. Have been in all day , thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hope the waiting list moves fast.

You are very brave taking on such a big project.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You've done well Cumbria to be so organised for Christmas. I've got four presents, but that's it :(.

I hate staying in all day, but that's probably because I work from home. Glad you had a good day :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    Options
    Just updated my signature and I have dropped below £4000 ! I can't wait to see how much I have paid off by the end of the year.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Fantastic news Cumbria :j
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Well done on dropping below £4,000! You’ll be debt free before you know it! It’s such a good feeling when you move into a lower category. :j

Enjoy wandering around the markets tomorrow.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    Options
    Right I have written down everything I have committed to between now and next pay day 18th December. It includes Christmas fairs , school and nursery photos , meals out . I have £206 which is double my spends . This would seem plenty so I feel more in control.

Hairy I have probably had more disposable money this year than ever. This is because it has all been budgeted. I have had some free money like PPI and also back pay which has helped. Next year will be harder.

I am never going down this road again , it's so easy to spend but not easy to pay back.

On the iPad conversation I think my parents have bought me a new one for Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure