to NEW people asking advice about holidays READ THIS

Options

Comments

• kittykat100
    Options
    bump to the top of the page

Life is sometimes a bit pants but occasionally you can wear your french knickers! :D
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    Options
    bump to the top of the page

kittykat, ponkle's other thread has been stickied ;)

Not that that will help people who don't stop to read before posting! :rotfl:
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well as the weekend starts at 5pm on a Friday for me..........I've gone through all 37 pages (that was) of this board and tidied it up for you. Posts in the last 6 (ish) months have a redirection of 2 days and the older ones 1 day, this means that the notification arrows will disappear by Monday so you'll have a cleaner looking board ;)

If I've missed any that you think should be moved just politely let me know and I'll move them.
    Incapuppy wrote: »

Not that that will help people who don't stop to read before posting! :rotfl:
    LOL if only, I found posts for many comps and codes, but weirdly, offers on Grazeboxes, dishwasher tablets and craft products, go figure! But also.......a regular of this board had posted wrongly here too :eek::eek: so don't be tooooo hard on those that may get it a bit wrong now and then as it seems we're all human after all ;);)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Ponkle22 wrote: »
    Will look into amending it...

.....aaagghhh it won't let change the title, only the content of the post.

Yes You can. click "edit" + then click " Go Advanced"
  • libertysurf
    Options
    Thanks for this but, just reading this again and see someone has just posted "Does anybody have any discount code for Stena Line or Irish Ferries" on the 26th.
    It would be great if this board was cleaned up - the easiest 1st step is to run a programme to remove all posts with a question mark in the title!
  • savvy
    Options
    Hi libertysurf
    I spent a good few hours going through the whole 37 pages of the board on Friday night, however it looks like 3 threads slipped through the net (which were much easier to spot once all the redirect arrows disappeared today), they have now been moved alongwith the latest poster to get it wrong ;)

If you spot anymore, just let me know here and I'll shift them out.
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Ponkle22
    Ponkle22 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    the easiest 1st step is to run a programme to remove all posts with a question mark in the title!

:rotfl::T:rotfl::T:rotfl::rotfl::T:T
  • Ponkle22
    Ponkle22 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    savvy wrote: »
    Hi libertysurf
    I spent a good few hours going through the whole 37 pages of the board on Friday night, however it looks like 3 threads slipped through the net (which were much easier to spot once all the redirect arrows disappeared today), they have now been moved alongwith the latest poster to get it wrong ;)

If you spot anymore, just let me know here and I'll shift them out.

:T:T:T:T:T:T

Great news. Would it be easier to monitor on a daily basis? Not being funny at all, but wouldn't it take a fraction of the time? Must have been a right royal pain to spend 5 hours catching up. However, your 5 hour marathon has been appreciated.

There have been WAY more than 3 in the last couple of weeks, there has been one after another, after another, which encourages others to do the same, as they think they are in the correct section.

Many thanks!

:T
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    forgot to move this off topic one.
  • savvy
    Options
    Right, I asked very very nicely if the title of the board could be changed as it's slightly misleading if you read it fast or don't realise where you are etc etc. I asked to add 'holiday' in to highlight that it's just holiday offers and not washing tablets etc. I also asked for 'only' to be added at the end to counteract the 'where can I go cheaply' type questions, that didn't happen. We're monitoring it to see what effect it has and maybe 'only' could be added if this doesn't work effectively ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure