New Journey

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The birthday treat for your dad sounds lovely- was it the place that does all the lessons in chocolate work at ridiculous prices?

It’s my dds birthday today but I won’t be seeing her. Wished her a happy birthday over the phone but it’s not the same. You are so lucky having them close by.

Man in the road was not good - he was lucky he wasn’t run over. Bet he had a bad head next day.

Hope you’ve had a good day with your friend.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you had a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed your day out today Cumbria. You've reminded me to book a flu jab too.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Cumbria lass,I have just caught up on your diary,I'm most impressed with your MSE ways you have done very well,also glad that your health has improved too xx
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    The birthday treat for your dad sounds lovely- was it the place that does all the lessons in chocolate work at ridiculous prices?

It’s my dds birthday today but I won’t be seeing her. Wished her a happy birthday over the phone but it’s not the same. You are so lucky having them close by.

Man in the road was not good - he was lucky he wasn’t run over. Bet he had a bad head next day.

Hope you’ve had a good day with your friend.

Yes it was that place, my mum thinks Bents Garden Centre food is more superior. :(
  • System
    Options
    Hope you enjoy your day out with your friend today Cumbria and manage to buy some Xmas bargains.

Re foxes, my friend lives in the East End of London se extremely urban. She sent me a photo recently of five foxes sprawled out on the top of her garden like they were sunbathing in Ibiza!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope you had a good day :)

Thank you SSG , we get foxes quite often here as well.

Day was out was good Beanie.
  • System
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed your day out today Cumbria. You've reminded me to book a flu jab too.

I didn't get for the flu jab in the end , there are 2 more dates so will go then.
  • System
    Options
    Hi Cumbria lass,I have just caught up on your diary,I'm most impressed with your MSE ways you have done very well,also glad that your health has improved too xx

Thank you for your comments OBL , I guess I just try to live on a small salary but enjoy life as well. :)
  • System
    Options
    Yesterday shopping trip involved a trip to a town that still has a brilliant market , which is something my part of town misses . More Christmas shopping done , one task today is to see how much more I need to finish. Not much I don't think. Then I will concentrate on wrapping and card writing.

My friend and I were in Costa that long that one of the staff brought us some water to drink as he could see we were having a good chat . Anyway we are all caught up with each other now !

Today is shopping, ironing , balancing the books and getting ready for the week ahead.
  • System
    Options
    Shopping and ironing done .

Been in the cupboard of doom to get out the boxes that hold my own children's toys, that I saved in the hope of grandchildren. They have proved very useful , today I have put the baby toys away and got out dolls for DGD and clothes . One doll was mine and must be 50 yr old. I have cleaned them up and washed all the clothes. She will have lots of fun with them. Next lot of stuff to come out is Barbies I have loads of them. Baby toys gone away just in case DS ever produces more DGC .

Off to sort finances out now and get my lunch ready for tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure