“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad that you had a nice time, and so sorry to hear about the allergies - at least it happened during the holidays when you can stay home and recuperate.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Wannabe. Hope the meds are working on the allergies. Ouch to the 2 black eyes. Did the smalls get nerf guns for Christmas :o x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you x

Allergy rash seems to have nearly gone. Think it's youngest new meds as I am allergic to ingredients in it need to be more careful when getting it ready.

Haha Teafor2 no nerf guns here! I've seen a few estate smalls out playing with them though on the square at the back of my house. Santa must have brought them for those. Wish I could blame alcohol but no alcohol here either :rotfl: Will have to blame two left feet.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Tired but can't switch off.

Sent £10 out of £15 in the bank to the CT now £15 to find.
    Have £7 I just cashed out from PA. I don't think it will hit until next week now though but at least it's coming. (Have kept £5 in the bank in case we need a taxi or something urgently)

Have repacked the 'grab bags' with fresh things and books (Bags I keep packed for us all for unplanned hospital trips etc it keeps my anxiety lower by having everything ready to just leave)

I don't really have anything else I can do :( No surveys to catch up on, smalls are sleeping and its boring :o)
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I hope you're feeling better soon. Grab bags are a brilliant idea, especially when you have children.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • tunathe_cat
    Options
    Hello I have just read your diary over last few days.

Dont know what words of Wisdom to offer.

But Supper Hugs from one mum to another x

If possible try to ask for help and advice from local Careers = Our one in Milton Keynes has a group for under 18 siblings /children whose parents/siblings need extra care. If you pm me will look for your local group for your smalls xx. They run various groups they are collected and supervised attend local events treats etc.,

I am a career to hubby - they have been very helpful and approached on my behalf various agencies to fight our corner. So I can spend time with hubby and not the red tape/from Benefits to medical. Just a chat to see how I am.. on the end of phone or one to one.

I can see you and yours have encountered many a rough journey and could probably grow mushrooms from all the **** from so called kith and kin and professional Caring professions that are employed to help. It seams if the safety net has been stored behind too many objects forms to fill in... So has not been up ready to catch.

There are some lovely peeps on MSE with a vast range of experiences who have walked in our paths. Please reach out so they can guide xxx

Wishing you and all readers
    of this diary a healthy last few days of 2018 = Baby steps into 2019 Day at a time x
    Tuna xx
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning :) Keep an eye on those left feet in future..... or drink wine, it might make them work better :D

Just reading about your grab bags for hospital dashes. Do you have to take all the children with you every time you go or do you have somebody to call on who can come and sit with them. Sorry, I'm just being nosy now, but the thought of having to manage 3 children by yourself in that situation when one of them is ill makes me feel anxious and I'm not even doing it :o

Have a lovely day. x
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Take care, W. xxx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you :)

Yeah Teafor2 all 3 smalls come along so the bags makes it a lot easier.

Trying to TF

x
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening, glad it's bedtime for the smalls. Don't know where their energy comes from :o

Feel a lot better today Antibiotics must have started doing their job. Don't look it yet though :o Allergy rash has gone too and I've been more careful preparing youngests meds now :o Lesson learnt!

I have spent the day cleaning (as usual when things are unsettled)
    House looks so much better for it though :o Put the decorations away the smalls made and just left our cards out/up.

Things are all up in the air and I don't like it :o Countdown to our normal resuming is on. Something I never thought I'd say is this last month has reassured me the changes I have made since starting my diary have ALL been for the better and I don't regret a single one of them. Even the smalls have noticed and said things to back it up.

Thank you for all your lovely comments and support
    x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback