Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LilacCow
    • By LilacCow 9th Jun 11, 9:42 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 9Thanks
    LilacCow
    PrinterPix photobooks - are they any good?
    • 9th Jun 11, 9:42 AM
    PrinterPix photobooks - are they any good? 9th Jun 11 at 9:42 AM
    Hi
    today's deal on LivingSocial (North London) is a 26-page A4 Photobook from PrinterPix for £9.

It looks a good deal but...

Has anyone used PrinterPix? What is the quality of their photobooks like? And their customer service? Googling for comments didn't show up anything useful.

A reply today (Thursday) would be briilliant as the offer is only open today

(Incidentally their website has stopped working - might be overwhelmed by the LivingSocial deal)

thanks!

LC
Page 6
  • lexy2105
    Appalling
    The one I got was a naff kind of thick black cover, really not professional. When you turned the pages the spine kind of folded (like a new book when you open it).

The print quality was ok, but only because the photos were ok to start with.

I certainly would not have been happy with spending £30 plus on mine. Even with a groupon voucher I didn't think it was worth £12 including postage.

Maybe they have changed the item since last year due to all the complaints.
    Originally posted by 74jax
    No they definitely haven't changed!!!!!
  • snap1111
    My picture is now over one month late and printerpix rarely contact me or return my contact. In summary ...
    1 - printerpix didn't pass my address on to the delivery company
    2 - once they did the delivery company said that they couldn't find my address (odd as it's a very obvious location)
    3 - so the delivery company sent the image back to printerpix, which I only found out once I'd called the company because I realised my picture was now very late and having tracked the process through the above two issues I thought perhaps something else had gone wrong - neither printerpix nor ukmail contacted me to tell me what had happened
    4 - printerpix then tried to charge me for redelivery
    5 - once the image finally did arrive, it wasn't my picture, but an image of somebody else's son!!!! Disgraceful.
    Anyway, I'm still waiting for my picture to be delivered and I don't doubt that I'll have more issues along the way from this joke of company.
    Oh and I'm STILL waiting for printerpix to get back to me and tell me what's going on, it's been almost 5 days since I rang and told them that I had the wrong image, I gave them all the details that they asked for over email however i'm still waiting...
    Terrible service and I would NOT reccommend them to anyone.
  • dizzy tart
    I too am waiting over 4 weeks. Purchased my voucher through Groupon who are slow to respond also. After 3 emails printerpix replied saying due to a technical fault my album has not yet been printed ! They cannot tell me when it will be but they will email me when it is despatched ! I am not holding much hope of getting anything from them and I cannot believe they are still in business. I will never buy another voucher for their service. Photobox are brilliant and I will be using them in the future.
  • gasman1065
    I was going to try this company but so glad I read the reviews I have always used photo box for canvas prints and photo books etc and they have been brilliant everytime
  • DLN
    PrinterPix is the WORST
    I bought 4 photo book from AmazonLocal for PrinterPix. I began using the PrinterPix website to create my books to only get so frustrated and waste a lot of time.

It took me a full day to uploaded photos and created my first book. I spent over 10 hours working on it. Loading photos took a long time. The next day before I started my second album, I took my computer into Apple to get it cleaned out, thinking that it would make the process quicker. After spending several hours working on my second album, an error showed up and I lost everything! Even the first album that I had saved.

I called their phone number for help. Waited 35 minutes before giving up. I then sent them an email asking for help and explaining the trouble I was having. Three days later I received a reply saying that their website wasn't working correctly last week and that it should be fine now.

So, I began loading photos again. After a few hours an error message appeared which I could not X out of. I could not get back to the main site. I could do nothing except close the site completely. I don't know how they do any business.

I have also been working on another site ordering photo playing cards. Loaded hundreds of photos and placed my order with no problems. Steer clear of PrinterPix. No wonder they are discounting their photobooks on AmazonLocal and other sites. I got a refund and will deal with Costco or someone else.
    • Lewie
    • By Lewie 7th Jan 13, 5:08 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Lewie
    Ooooopsie!!

Too late for me.
    Bought a voucher for a 100 page book for my wife for christmas.
    Had several issues with the site.
    One time the whole lot disapeared but they fixed it within the hour and I got it back.
    After many hours uploading pictures and arranging them in the book I submitted it.
    Been following the order only to see today that my order had turned red saying due to quality issues my book had gone for reprint.
    Yeah right!
    More like an excuse for the time it's taking.
    I shall take a screen print, then if the quality is cr*p I can ask them just what it was that was so bad about their first attempt.
    You never know, perhaps they are actually checking the quality now?
    I wont hold my breath.
    I'll update when/if it arrives.
  • Wired123
    Another opppsieee
    Same issue here as Lewie, last week I saw the green progress bar turn red due to quality issues and that they were reprinting. I called up and was told by the customer service rep that he could see that it had been reprinted now and that it would be despatched on Friday and I would receive it no later Tuesday (2 days ago) looking at the status bar it's saying its only 50% printing so I doubt I get it anytime soon.

I'm usually the first to check online for Company reviews but this time I didn't and already regret buying it as I've had loads of problems. To make matters worse I upgraded to 100 page and added the premium paper, it took me ages putting it together so Ill be really disappointed if its bad quality or doesn't turn up as a refund won't repay the time and effort which went into creating it.

Found another blog site (cleaver bird banter - sorry as new user I can't post url) with loads of complaints too looks like they got themselves into a pickle with too many orders through Groupon
    • Lewie
    • By Lewie 21st Jan 13, 1:51 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Lewie
    Here is my update as promised in post #106.
    Well, what can I say!
    Today (a couple of weeks late) the 100 page photo book arrived.
    It was a nerve wracking unwraping ceremony.
    The packaging was slightly damaged.
    The cover was slightly damaged, not a good start.
    However, the quality of the photo's was pretty damn good.
    I'm amazed after eading all the poor reviews.
    I'll see if there is anything to be done about the cover but the overall quality for the price, (£22.00 Groupon plus better paper plus using their enhancement service plus P&P) £34.48 I have no complaints about.
    It was a birthday gift for my wife and she loves it.
    Good luck every one else.

BTW, without Groupon voucher £97.97!! Now they're good but they're not that good.
  • micket
    Print quality was terrible. Why didn't I read this thread before wasting my time on making a photo book with this unprofessional company.
    • Lewie
    • By Lewie 27th Jan 13, 8:38 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Lewie
    Micket, sorry to hear you had a bad result.
    I'm a bit perplexed as to what is happening.
    The print quality was fine for me.
    I wonder what they are doing.
    I take it you uploaded files of at least 300 pixels?
    If so, i'm stumped.
  • Le_blur
    I wouldn't say the cover was even leather it's so thin and doesn't smell like leather.
    Originally posted by Pisces
    Quite an old post but it doesn't look like things have improved much at Printerpix if my recently received photobook (normal value of £48.98) is anything to go by.

I totally agree with 'Pisces' in that the supposed 'Bonded Leather' seems very much like very thin brownish paper and looks very fragile. I also do not have much confidence in the spine as the first few pages, front and back, already look as if they are going to split away from the spine and that was during the 1st day. I feel reluctant to open the book again.

I did immediately raise these issues with Printerpix via email and they did give a response stating that the cover was definitely 'bonded leather' (it hasn't convinced me though!) but they completely ignored the issues with the spine.

Despite repeated requests I have received no further response from Printerpix which I consider to be appalling customer service.

I have now used the contact details found in this particular forum thread to raise this issue with Groupon.

From my experience I would not recommend using Printerpix.
    • Lewie
    • By Lewie 5th Feb 13, 8:34 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Lewie
    Didn't see post #99 before.
    Printerpix pretending they care.
    I've e-mailed them about the damaged cover.
    They requested photos of the damage.
    I sent them and have heard nowt since.
    I'll try another company next time.
  • Galaxylover
    Be wary of Foboco!
    I don't know about Printerpix but I've had a very disappointing experience buying a voucher for a photobook with Foboco. I got the voucher through Timeout and spent ages dowloading the software, uploading photos and designing the photobook. When I tried to redeem the voucher, it came up as 'invalid'. I contacted Foboco's customer services several times with no response (only by e-mail - there's no phone number on the site!) Eventually I e-mailed Timeout who said they had terminated their contract with Foboco and refunded me (who knows when - could have saved me a lot of work!). However, they told me that Foboco holds the information about who should be refunded. Sounds a con to me. I've still not heard back from Foboco....
  • justicafe
    dont go even near printerpix !!!
    I have received photos from a professional photograpeher on a cd. Wanted them to stay for a long time so I have ordered nicely described photobook from printerpix.
    THE QUALITY WAS APPALLING!!!

Pictures looked like they were overexposed, faces had too much red. I think I would print it better on my home printer!!! And I have ordered 4 copies to share with family!!! All went to the bin!!!

I know the photos are very good quality as I printed them after from mypix.com and they came up perfectly plus the quality of the book was amasing.
    • Lewie
    • By Lewie 11th Jun 13, 8:26 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Lewie
    Further to my previous post.
    After lots of chasing Printerpix sent a second copy of the photo book.
    The cover was undamaged but the quality of the photos was not quite as good as the first book they sent.
    Hmmmmm???
    Oh well, lesson learnt.
    Pay more on the high street, at least you have a face to complain to.
    • whimpo1991
    • By whimpo1991 1st Apr 14, 2:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    whimpo1991
    Worst company ever!
    First of all I ordered two gift vouchers so I could get my two canvas's cheaper. Once canvas arrived... contacted asking about my second one no response .. to find they cancelled it and took the money. After eventually getting a response I was offered two canvas's as compensation... then they didn't arrive. Called again and asked where they were and they said they were on there way.... THEY WERE'NT. I called again for a refund.. told it will take ten days.. they only refunded my delivery charge... called again for my voucher refunds.. was told ask groupon! I didnt buy them from GROUPON I bought them from YOU! told to wait a futher ten days to find no refund 3 TIMES I waited for a refund..... 40 emails 6 phone calls and 4 months later I got my money back due to threatening them with legal action twice!!! I will never buy from them again---------- STAY AWAY this has completely stressed me out and I also made a complaint which was not answered..........................
    • Stephsteph
    • By Stephsteph 1st Feb 16, 3:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stephsteph
    Printerpix con men: Avoid site at all costs
    printerpix con men: Avoid site at all costs

not interested in customer service. Customer just passed back and forth from live chat (which just goes silent as soon as they know you are a returning chasing up again customer requesting a response) to automated e-mail.
    So far i have been assured someone will contact me within 48 hours (three separate times). Lies just slip right of the automated written tongue. So many automated e-mails from printerpix team, also others from mohammed hafeez, and others from rakesh. Is a picture emerging here!!!!!!
    • JdV999
    • By JdV999 15th Nov 18, 2:25 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JdV999
    OK - In view of the fact that I have read a number of quite negative reviews of Printerpix I feel it only fair to add my experience.
    Firstly and most importantly my photo book arrived today barely a week after I ordered it and the quality was as good as several other companies that I have used in the past (at a far higher price) I used a Groupon deal and paid for an upgrade of paper quality. I cannot comment on what the quality would have been without the upgrade but I have to be honest I couldn't see any marked improvement of the "standard" paper of other companies products - next time I will simply use the standard paper.
    But clarity and colour reproduction were extremely satisfactory in my opinion.
    to be balanced I will mention the negatives: the product can only be prepared online as opposed to other companies where you download the software and prepare it on your own PC. I had difficulty saving the product as it became larger and I was worried it may crash at any time. I would often get 3 or 4 error messages when trying to save and the process would take ten or twelve minutes before a successful save. I contacted their customer service by phone and after a 10 minute wait got diverted to a Spanish speaker as the English line was busy. he couldn't speak English other than to say call back in 10 minutes. On calling back I got a French speaker - same result. Telephone support is AWFUL and they need to fix this. I reverted to email and got a reply in about 2 days which offered little in the way of help.
    I gave up and just persisted with the save problem until I finished the book and submitted it. The order process was very easy and worked well. Acknowledgement of the order and updates on progress were good and as I said - the order arrived in about a week.
    In summary - the quality of the product is as good as other companies but the software is harder to use and the customer service needs serious improvement. Would I use them again - depends on how good their offer was - I would probably look elsewhere if I'm honest - but I wouldn't rule them out.
    • pertgave
    • By pertgave 16th Nov 18, 4:44 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    pertgave
    The PinterPix photo book price looks good. But comparing photo books I think the photo books from FotoInsight very good in terms of the software and print quality.
    • lunarjan
    • By lunarjan 8th Jan 19, 7:15 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lunarjan
    Terrible site and useless customer service
    On December 3rd I bought a voucher from Printerpix for 4 A4 photobooks, as I wanted to make some albums for Christmas presents. I have had endless trouble trying to create the books.

Firstly, the photos take ages to upload. After several hours I had managed to get some of my selection onto the website and started creating the first book. The next day when I returned to it, many of the files couldn’t be found, so I started a live chat, and was told that I hadn’t “saved” them. However, I had pressed “save” a number of times during the process. Eventually I was told that in fact the website isn’t fully compatible with IOS or Android, and that I should do it on a laptop or desktop. ( I had been using my iPad). So the next day I spent nine hours on my desktop uploading photos to the website, then returned the following day to have another attempt at a photobook. This time an error notice came up repeatedly, at many times during the day, so I was unable to use the site at all. The day after that I had one more try, only to find some missing files again. And I had pressed “save” many times during the second uploading session.

As I wanted these books for Christmas presents, and the last day to order was December 15th, there wasn’t then enough time to spend on these lengthy processes.

It should at least be made clear that the books need to be created on a laptop or desktop, but my experience has been that even that way is not satisfactory.

I sent an email on December 13th explaining what had happened, and asking for a full refund, as it seems the site is not fit for purpose. I have read other reviews from people with similar problems.

I had an email of acknowledgement the same day, then nothing further.

I sent another email on December 17th, part of which said-“Having contacted you on Dec 13th, I have thus far only received the standard acknowledgments. On your website there is this paragraph, explaining the procedure when a complaint is made-
    “At that time we will advise you how long it will take to resolve your issue. We will assign you a personal CSR who will be handling your complaint. This person will keep you informed throughout the process.””

(It’s now January 8th and I still haven’t been advised as to how long it will take to resolve my issue. Nor has a personal CSR been assigned to me,let alone kept me informed.)

Then on December 26th, I had an email from the Printerpix Team in which I was told that they were extremely busy, and offering some answers to problems which were not related to my queries at all.

Since than I have sent a number of emails asking what is happening. Today I tried a live chat, and was told that they were unable to access my ticket number due to a technical issue. I was asked to try again “after some time”. I was also asked to phone, but the call rates are high and I don’t see why I should pay to deal with a problem that is clearly not my fault.

This is now becoming extremely tiresome.

I am asking for a full refund.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

2,999Users online

Martin's Twitter