Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Options

Comments

• sheps
    sheps Posts: 57 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So would you guys still change? does anyone that qualifies looked into how to get the warm energy discount at end of year? They are i see on the list. Is top shopper price realistic? Has anyone got better using future packs like they claim you can? As an economy 10 customer they are willing to take on im very tempted if it works in reality like they claim it would be worth the effort. to get the savings.
  • Umiamz
    Umiamz Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Tafrock wrote: »
    Umiamz just email customer services and ask for a refund on the lesser value packs. They will be quite obliging or at least they were 12 months ago when I got a lot refunded at my request. Like yourself I purchased everything at beginning which means the packs with small discounts such as jumbo and little extra pack never get used. Packs are used starting with the highest discounted ones so if your continually buying packs with discounts above say 25% then ones below 25% will never get used unless you suddenly start using huge amounts of electricity. Be aware though that from about now powershop will stop issuing packs with decent discounts if last year's pattern follows suit. I didn't buy many packs at all from March through till August last year due to the paltry discounts on offer

But if you want a refund ask. List the packs you want refunded and they will refund them

Thanks for the info, Tafrock. I think I'll leave it a couple more months just to get an idea of what's not being used, then ask for a refund.
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi sheps

In. My experience (joined Powershop June 2017) top shopper rate is achievable in fact I consistently beat it. Sometimes it looks like it isn't achievable when powershop are offering paltry discounts in the summer but they make up for it in the winter with incredible discounts. My electricity costs are the lowest I can achieve on the market I believe. I pay around about £1 a day.

It requires a little bit of extra work on your part (regular meter readings are a must and I don't mean once a month. I recommend a minimum of one read a week. It's also up to you to purchase powerpacks so as to prevent powershop purchasing electricity on your behalf at their very expensive baseline (standard) rate.

But it does work. Can't comment on gas or warm energy or economy 7 im afraid as i don't use any of them. Im sure someone here can help though
  • Umiamz
    Options
    I just about reached top shopper the first month and was slightly above in the second month. This month I expect to beat it as the billing period has been covered entirely with high discount packs. This is for dual fuel.
  • Umiamz
    Options
    A bit disappointed with this month's powerpacks. I thought we might get at least one more month with Winter Shaker but these have been replaced with a measly 8% Jumbo pack.

At least I'm about a month ahead now, so still using some of the higher-percentage packs from last month.
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As I commented in a previous post decent discounts have indeed stopped starting now. We now enter the period where I buy hardly any packs until the bigger discount packs reappear around August September time. That's assuming last year and the year befores pattern is followed

Unfortunately I'm. Only 86 pounds in credit this year so its extremely unlikely that credit will last through until August

Time to start monitoring the market for decent deals again.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have been buying everything with a discount of > 6%.
    As a result I am £450/17 Weeks ahead.
    I'm going to continue to buy at this level and then request a refund on the smaller discounts when the larger ones come back.
    I have been a customer since October 2017 so now have a wealth of date that I will analyse to see what patterns on discounts emerges on a month by month comparison basis.
  • Umiamz
    Options
    I've set a lower limit of 14% for the time being as I doubt I'm going to find myself in the position of having days that aren't covered at all. In fact, I'll probably have to request a refund on the March ones as they are showing no sign of being used yet.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I just buy everything going as I get the cashback on them via my Santander 123 account.

If needed I will ask for a refund of the lower value ones later.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Don't forget to change your payment method from Santander 123 to a bank account that doesn't accrue points so that you don't loose the points when the credit refund comes through.

Then change it back to Santander 123 when you next purchase.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback