Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your day sounded very nice , sunshine how lovely. I thought about you today , booked to see the film Finding your Feet for a week on Saturday, my first outing in a long time.

I was going back to work Wednesday SSG but I am hoping for tomorrow, depends on the doctor.

Thank you for your lovely messages these past weeks.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I too want to see finding your feet but probably won't make it.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • System
    Options
    Morning SSG , you have been quiet this week, hope you are ok and not succumbed to any illness ?
  • System
    Options
    Hope all ok ?
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hi Cumbria - thanks so much for checking in. I succumbed to the dreaded lurgy that’s been going around. It started last Wednesday but really hit me last weekend - I’ve been off work since Monday and just starting to feel I’m back in the land of the living! I’m still coughing a bit and will see what I feel like tomorrow morning as to whether I attempt to go in. We had quite a bit of snow here which is unusual for Seasideville and it’s quite thick. Still had a few snow showers today. Luckily I ordered my monthly Tesco shop at the end of last week which was delivered at the weekend so at least I’ve had supplies, though not really had much of an appetite.

Because of the lurgy I cancelled my exhibition trip last week and also the cinema last Sunday. I was due to go out for the day with DD tomorrow but have cancelled - the weather doesn’t actually lend itself to travelling at the moment anyway. :(

The bright spot is that I haven’t spent much since last Saturday!

So not much has been going on at all to report - my new fridge/freeer and side table arrived and I’m really pleased with them. I’ve got to sort out a new front door now so will probably try and get around to that next week some time.

PA surveys have bucked up - I’m up to £16 so far.

Also last week a colleague got me into a new paying quiz game on my phone called HQ. It’s a trivia quiz and you download the app then there’s usually a quiz twice a day at 3pm and 9pm - it’s UK based but pays out in dollars if you are a winner. It’s up to c40,000 players now. You get 12 trivia questions and you have three answers you can choose for each question - you only get 10seconds to answer each so no time to cheat and try to google it.! You then get eliminated if you give the wrong answer. The payout is usually $750 and at the end any one left shares the prize though you’re lucky if there’s 30 players left by then. On Sunday evenings the prize goes up to about $7000.

Anyway it’s passed the time while I’ve been laid up. :)

I’m going to give my eyes a rest now and will catch up with diaries later. Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    Options
    Oh sorry to hear you have the lurgy , I didn't give it you did I ? Look after yourself and don't rush back into work.

It seems strange seeing London with so much snow , you are better at home. To be fair my bit of Manchester has been very lucky so far. We have had some snow but it's not been to disruptive, it's just freezing.

Your shopping came at the right time , good thing as well.

You can go out with DD when weather is better .

Take care and be kind to yourself x
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to see you have been ill, there is so much of it about at the moment.

I like the sound of the quiz thing.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,292 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you're starting to feel better. Hope the snow's not too bad your way.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh sorry to hear you have the lurgy , I didn't give it you did I ? Look after yourself and don't rush back into work.

It seems strange seeing London with so much snow , you are better at home. To be fair my bit of Manchester has been very lucky so far. We have had some snow but it's not been to disruptive, it's just freezing.

Your shopping came at the right time , good thing as well.

You can go out with DD when weather is better .

Take care and be kind to yourself x

Thanks Cumbria for those kind words. I do hope though that there isn’t a virtual lurgy going around the boards!:rotfl:
    Sorry to see you have been ill, there is so much of it about at the moment.

I like the sound of the quiz thing.

Thanks redo - the quiz is rather addictive. The initial questions are very easy and then they throw some real obscure posers in there. Still you do have a one in three chance of answering each one so a lucky guess isn’t out of the equation. One night I got eliminated on question 4 but followed the quiz till the end and answered all the rest correctlly:mad: The highest I’ve got to so far on a quiz is question 6. And I was so busy reading diaries this afternoon that I missed the 3pm session!
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Glad you're starting to feel better. Hope the snow's not too bad your way.

Hi SA - snow is still thick here but no more flurries since earlier on today. Though we’re supposed to have some more tomorrow - just as I go back to work. :(. I always think of 1st March as the first day of spring - how weird is this weather?

Looking at the diary for March I’m up to DD’s for Mother’s Day weekend (train tickets bought already), but haven’t anything else in particular booked in. To be honest this weather isn’t conducive to making you feel like planning anything soon!

Other spends - it’s DSis’s OH’s birthday this month - which is usually a cash present - and a couple of other birthday cards to get as well.

I mentioned before about sorting out my new front door - I have the cash for that and once that’s done I can concentrate fully on saving for the new kitchen.

Have a good evening everyone!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    Options
    Can't believe we are nearly at Mother's Day. You will have a great time with DD , I hope the weather doesn't put paid to your plans. Virgin west coast doesn't seem to have suffered as far as Preston. Not sure whether DD is west or east.

How are you feeling now ?

Any plans for the weekend ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport