Bulb Energy - bogus reviews on TrustPilot?

Options

Comments

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A comparison today says Bulb is over £130 a year more than I'm currently paying.

Don't need to read Trustpilot, and £50 discount isn't enough.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you think Bulb reviews are worrying, look at the wonderful reviews for Together Energy.
    Je suis sabot...
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yet another bulb spammer
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Richie-from-the-Boro Posts: 6,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 November 2018 at 8:07PM
    Options
    Of course you have {Edited by Forum Team}
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • mikepaszek
    Options
    never had any problems with bulb
  • Nathan94
    Options
    mikepaszek wrote: »
    never had any problems with bulb

Perhaps posted 90 minutes too soon? :cool:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75035669&postcount=1
    On a Sunday too
  • Chris4891
    Options
    I’m currently with British Gas and wondered what happens when you seitcjnif you have a Smart Meter / Hive?

Thanks
  • Chris4891
    Options
    *switch if
  • sillyhaggis
    Options
    I joined Bulb when I moved house in August.
    The switch was great, and had no problems, except that I couldn’t enter my gas meter readings. The readings were not accepted because they said it was too low. So I uploaded photos, more than once. The readings were never updated, only with estimated ones.

A few days ago I received an email telling me that I have used over £4000 of fuel since September, which is impossible.
    I have emailed and had no response, I posted on the community page, and was told to talk to the company, which I have tried, but I have been unable to phone because of the nature of my work and the limited times they are available.

I was banking on them having some kind of customer service on a Saturday, but they dont.
    Since I have had no reply to my emails, and haven't been able to

I cancelled my direct debit because I was afraid they might try to take a very large sum of money from me (which I don’t have), and now I have an email telling me to set it back up if I am staying with Bulb. I wont do that until this mess is fixed.

My flat is a small, compact, internal 2 bed flat with gas central heating, which I barely need to use as I get lots of heat from the other flats. It is also a new build, and I am the first occupant, hence the low readings on the meter. I do not understand, however, why they accept the electricity reading, but not the gas reading. I am the sole occupant of the flat, and I have only just started using the heating in the last week or two. The boiler that I have, only heats up water as it is used. So really, there is little being used.

There is no way, even in my old flat which had economy 7 and very old storage heaters that I would use over £4000 worth of gas!
  • mikepaszek
    Options
    not rly i know how to get your referral m8 i never said i didn't get mine right?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback