How are HomeServe still in business

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Lee_L_Robinson
    Options
    After paying for a gas inspection on a rental property of mine Homeserve left me with a gas leak. Sent correspondence to the wrong address and never sent the CP12 certificate. After many phone calls taking up to 1 hour a time to get an answer I was told that I was being transferred to the correct department but NEVER once spoke to anyone who could help. Sick of waiting to get ANY feedback so I am now taking to a small claims court as I am not prepared to take anymore nonsense from this shower of a company. Do not understand how they survive in business.
  • HomeServe_company_representative
    HomeServe_company_representative Posts: 114 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Lee,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We very much care about our Customers and their experiences, so I'm really sorry to learn of the difficulties you've experienced. Whenever we're made aware of such issues we'll do all we can to put things right.

We're keen to investigate this further for you. Therefore, could I please ask that you email your policy address details in order for us to begin our investigation. You will find our contact details on our profile page.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Alison
    Here To Help Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of HomeServe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mbrusz
    Options
    Wow, 2009 first post for how are Homeserve still in business, yet still they are. I thought I would add my experience to the many of unsatisfied posts in the off chance that one day someone will do something. Very very long story short - 23rd October boiler service booked, engineer turned up, found a leak, pressured by Homeserve to pay £298, incl call out with engineer already on site,so they wouldn't cap boiler despite it being under guarantee with Worcester and bought through their linked Company No Help-Link (who have been surprisingly quiet). Engineer couldn't look at why boiler losing pressure, not his job, replaced gasket and took old gasket with him, no doubt to claim under warranty. Logged complaint with Homeserve sent further engineer for pressure release valve, guess what, wanted a further £258 for PRV (which allegedly was outside the boiler, I might be female but I'm not stupid) even though it wouldn't have sorted the problem. Refused to pay and contacted Worcester myself. Worcester engineer been, replaced PRV and expansion tank and said gasket charged £298 for was a serviceable item and should have been replaced as part of service. In the meantime complaint logged with Homeserve is "being investigated", quite how without any contact with them is anyone's guess. Next step court for my £298 plus costs back. It seems their training courses were conducted by !!!! Turpin, i.e lying, thieving 'people'. Never, ever use Homeserve for anything!
  • Feltonian
    Options
    I took out one of these policies with HomeServe.  I recently received a letter headed 'Important informtion about a historic renewal document'.  It goes on to say 'Unfortunately, some important information on a historic renewal document was not displayed as clearly as it should have been.  Although the previous year's price was included, we should have shown it alongside the current year's prices in a clearer way, to enable you to compare your prices.  Below you will find this information.'  It shows an increase from £99/year to £228/year.  Needless to say I have stopped my DD today and will be letting them know tomorrow!
  • PidgelingPie73
    Options
    My kitchen sink was backing up so I called the helpline on Sunday, the gentleman was very calm & helpful. He took my details & of the problem, then booked me a call out for the next day. I received a confirmation text immediately & had a reminder text later on. 
    The engineer called before he arrived to give me a better idea of when to expect him. (both the engineers did this) We talked through my problem, he said it needed a deeper camera investigation, he called that department for me & booked me in for the next day. The gentleman arrived with the jets, cameras & suction devices & sorted out my problem very quickly. All the engineers were polite, knowledgeable, friendly & followed all the Covid care to keep everyone safe. They all wore shoe coverings to protect my floors & cleaned up afterwards. I’m very happy with the service provided all round from that first contact, thank you very much Chris & Darren’s crew.
  • lesta_jesta
    lesta_jesta Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Feltonian said:
    'Unfortunately, some important information on a historic renewal document was not displayed as clearly as it should have been.  Although the previous year's price was included, we should have shown it alongside the current year's prices in a clearer way, to enable you to compare your prices.  Below you will find this information.'  It shows an increase from £99/year to £228/year.  Needless to say I have stopped my DD today and will be letting them know tomorrow!
    Checked your Homeserve direct debits lately? If you haven't don't be surprised if you receive an "unfortunately letter" about some missing premium comparison information...................

I run because I like BEER..... ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure