Comments

• Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 27 August 2017 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Altarf wrote: »
    Do make up your mind.

So are you now condoning the behavior of those cyclists who deliberately ride into pedestrians on footpaths.

Utterly shocking when combined with the other two on here, the one who would like to and the one who has admitted to doing so.
    I'm not wasting more time on your boring, self indulgent drivel. You don't have a worthwhile or intelligent point to make, you're just lingering around threads involving cyclists and talking rubbish. You are literally a pointless idiot. You're boring.
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    IYou don't have a worthwhile or intelligent point to make

So you don't think worth commenting on the two cyclists here who either do ride into people on footpaths or want to ride into them. That says a lot about your attitude.
  • Retrogamer
    Retrogamer Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Best just to add him to your ignore / block list like i did.

He's either trolling or is an idiot. Both are a waste of time
    All your base are belong to us.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's like arguing with a five-year old!
    Retrogamer wrote: »
    He's either trolling or is an idiot.

Both, by the looks of it. Bit sad, really. I assume his personality means he doesn't have any friends, so has to come to a web forum to find an audience he can play up to.
  • Jen__2
    Jen__2 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 August 2017 at 2:52PM
    Options
    I try and be so considerate when I cycle. On my route to work I'm on the road all the way, until I get to a 3 lane road, which has A LOT of traffic and roundabouts. I'm only tiny, and I'm terrified I'll get hit or squashed out by the huge lorries that drive down here (it's not a motorway!) I see lots of other cyclists on here but I'm just not confident in this area. So yes I do cycle on the pavement here (there's never many pedestrians) but always ring the bell and go very slow when I'm nearby, or give people a wide berth. Always says 'cheers' too. Never had any problems.

Only problems I've had are when I cycle for leisure on the weekend in places where cyclists are allowed to cycle, from grumpy twits, who either hate me alerting them that I'm coming up behind with my bell (at a snail pace), or when I haven't used my bell, but have stopped behind them and said 'excuse me'. Oh also sometimes motorists pass me, then when we come up to traffic lights, they like to suddenly position their car in the cycle lane, so I can't get past to get to the front :(

I really wish our infrastructure was much better for cyclists (The Netherlands is a dream!), and some people weren't so nasty, thinking all of us are out to to be a nuisance. I'm a small tiny girl, respectful and friendly to pedestrians, and courteous when I'm on the road to be aware of motorists, and somehow I still have people cursing me on the public paths, or trying to kill me on the roads.
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    It's like arguing with a five-year old!

And what is the mental age of the cyclists on here who deliberately ride into pedestrians on a footpath?
  • brat
    brat Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    Altarf, help us understand you better.

Why do you ignore the reasoning and explanations given by those you would blindly vilify?

Why are you so unwilling to tell us where your special cycle path is that no-one uses?

Are you lonely? Attention seeking. especially, but not exclusively in children, can express itself in bad or unreasonable behaviour in order to become the centre of attention.
    In children, it's evidence of a lack of parental care. In adults it can be a sign of loneliness.
    There is help out there. :-)
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
  • RichardD1970
    Options
    And what is the mental age of the cyclists on here who deliberately ride into pedestrians on a footpath?

God, you're like a broken record.

Do you have anything new to add to the discussion or are you just going to keep repeating the same (quite deliberately) misconstrued nonsense?

:D
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    One thing that really winds me up is when drivers have not consideration for cyclists and stop in the bike box at traffic lights. I pointed this out to a driver in one of those 4 x 4 hobbies the other day and all I got was a load of verbal.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Oh, I see. You want to make sure you're the lowest common denominator of intellect. You think one person is stupid for cycling into pedestrians, so you have to be even more stupid so as not to be outdone.

Makes perfect sense... to a five-year-old.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure