Options

Comments

• Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Altarf wrote: »
    Make up things?
    Your fabled perfect cycle route appears imaginary unless you can prove otherwise.
    I have mentioned before a wanabee organ donor I pass in the mornings who instead of riding down a perfectly designed £2.5 million cyclepath requested by Sustrans and designed by them, instead takes a longer route down a busy A road (and doesn't bother with high viz either).
  • Retrogamer
    Retrogamer Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Probably this one
    20819125_10155897390837323_1430380109848188091_o.jpg?oh=6e5ad9d9fd1e43bf295eef1a578069d7&oe=59EFB214
    All your base are belong to us.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Make up things?

Why would I need to when there is one person posting here who does cycle into pedestrians on purpose and one who would like to.

Can't believe that you still insist that, if there a 4 or 5 pedestrians spread across the whole path, fully aware that there is a cyclist heading towards them, and refusing to allow him room to pass, despite the cyclist slowing almost to a stop, that it is the cyclist who is in the wrong, not the pedestrians. :eek:

Would it be the same if it was someone on a mobility scooter?

Do pedestrians have total ownership of the shared paths and only allow cyclist under sufferance?
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't believe that you still insist that, if there a 4 or 5 pedestrians spread across the whole path, fully aware that there is a cyclist heading towards them, and refusing to allow him room to pass, despite the cyclist slowing almost to a stop, that it is the cyclist who is in the wrong, not the pedestrians. :eek:

There are a lot of things I can't believe about Altarf. :rotfl:
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rather like I can't understand the stupidity that would make someone think that cycling into someone on a footpath was sensible.
  • Retrogamer
    Retrogamer Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    There are a lot of things I can't believe about Altarf. :rotfl:

It's impossible to take him seriously at this stage.
    All your base are belong to us.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Rather like I can't understand the stupidity that would make someone think that cycling into someone on a footpath was sensible.
    Walking into a cyclist isn't too clever either. Where's the cycle route you believe is perfect? Are you refusing to say because you know you will be proved wrong?
  • brat
    brat Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    Make up things?

Why would I need to when there is one person posting here who does cycle into pedestrians on purpose and one who would like to.

Altarf, you're a '*greenwalder'. You don't bother about context or subsequent clarification. You just go with what you want to believe someone means because it suits your prejudicial view of that person.

*Greenwalding - Cherry picking content then spinning it out of context in order to defame someone. Named after lawyer/author Glenn Greenwald.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    brat wrote: »
    You just go with what you want to believe someone means because it suits your prejudicial view of that person.

Prejudicial, no.

Simply picking up on the fact that one cyclist on the board says they would like to cycle into pedestrians on a footpath and the other says they have cycled into pedestrians on a footpath.
  • brat
    brat Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    Prejudicial, no.

Simply picking up on the fact that one cyclist on the board says they would like to cycle into pedestrians on a footpath and the other says they have cycled into pedestrians on a footpath.
    ...ignoring context, subsequent explanations and clarifications.

You KNOW you're being disingenuous and dishonest in your interpretation of what has been said. And everyone else on the thread knows it.

Why make a laughing stock of yourself? It's rather sad - suggests you're lonely.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure