Any train promotion codes out there?

Options
1175176177178179181»

Comments

• Ciaran_Brooks
    Options
    500 bonus nectar points on gwr bookings if you go through nectar for some nectar card holders
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    South West Trains are offering £15 returns (£5 children) to selected destinations between 26 January and 30 April (some dates excluded, tickets can be purchased from 21 January for travel from 26 January):
    http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/promotion.aspx#182317

It is worth checking the lengthy Terms & Conditions:
    http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/Promotion-Terms-and-Conditions.aspx
  • Justme63
    Options
    I'm planning a trip to London in April with an overnight stay. I will firstly try to get cheap tickets through Megabus, but if this is not successful is there anything to stop me using the SW Trains £15 day return offer twice? That is, buying one for the outward journey and another for the return the following day and simply not using the other half of the ticket each time. This will still be cheaper than the normal open return. There doesn't seem to be anything in the T&Cs to prevent this.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Justme63 wrote: »
    I'm planning a trip to London in April with an overnight stay. I will firstly try to get cheap tickets through Megabus, but if this is not successful is there anything to stop me using the SW Trains £15 day return offer twice? That is, buying one for the outward journey and another for the return the following day and simply not using the other half of the ticket each time. This will still be cheaper than the normal open return. There doesn't seem to be anything in the T&Cs to prevent this.
    Nothing wrong with that. How will they know?

Where are you travelling from?
  • Justme63
    Options
    Quick reply, thanks!

I'll be travelling from Southampton Central to Waterloo which would normally cost around £43.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Justme63 wrote: »
    Quick reply, thanks!

I'll be travelling from Southampton Central to Waterloo which would normally cost around £43.
    Have you considered Advance Singles via Gatwick to Victoria?
    That's a direct train - no changes.

Yes, it does take a lot longer - around two and a half hours each way - but Advance Singles are available from £5 each way.
    Generally not available during peak hours, and you must travel on the booked train, but well worth considering if price is the overriding factor.
  • Justme63
    Options
    Ooh no I had never considered an alternative route but it may be worth thinking about if I can't get a Megatrain.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport